(mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
chris

Re: (mapping script) 3kingdoms Mapper

Post by chris »

You can find help here:
https://github.com/Chris7/3k-Scripts/wiki

or you can enter the 'tmap' command to get some help right from the aliases.

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

Thanks for your response, Chris. When I linked to your scripts on github, I found 2 scripts packages, 3k Mapper.xml and Mapwindow.xml. Mudlet 2.1's default package for 3 Kingdoms comes with two packages that I believe apply, 3k-mapper and deleteOldProfiles.

Do I need to install YOUR Mapwindow.xml package to make this work, or do I just click on the map icon and open the map window that comes with Mudlet 2.1?

I've used the wiki and tmap command, follow the directions and nothing shows up...no map.

Thanks for your patience!

chris

Post by chris »

It's up to you to use the map window. It'll make the mapper embedded in your window. Otherwise click the map button to get the mapper window open and working. I also put in a right click menu hook so you can use it easier without aliases

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

I am still not able to get any rooms created.

I have tried to open a mapwindow using the map button or by using the createMapper() function.

I have followed the instructions in the tmap 'help' file.
I have made the aset function calls in `tmap mapSetup`
I can see that the first area is created using the getAreaTable() function.
I have set the first room using `tmap firstroom`
I have toggled `tmap mapon` to ensure that mapping is on

I moved into a room after doing all of the above. I moved into one or two additional rooms. I have verfied that tmap.roomname/roomdesc are captured correctly

After moving into 3 or 4 rooms, I note that nothing shows up on the map. When I call the function getAreaRooms(areaid) it shows nothing. I tried using first the value, then the key of the pair returned in getAreaTable() above. When I call the function, createRoomID, I continue to get the id of 1. tmap.lastId is never set at any time as far as I can see.

What else does this extremely dense person need to do?

chris

Post by chris »

I'll do a fresh mudlet install from here and see if it's a problem with the packaging. And after I figure out that, I'll setup a screen cast to show exactly how to do it. It'll be up in a day or so.

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

You are a star, Chris. Thanks for all your help and guidance

chris

Post by chris »

Here's a screencast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2koay-8zBAw

I'd also recommend just installing it as a module by downloading the latest version from my github repo (link in screencast)

Slayd

Post by Slayd »

Thanks for all your help, Chris.

I still couldn't get mine to work (OSX) but I finally tracked it down to the setting of tmap.pWimpy. It was set to one when I wimped out long before I tried playing with the mapper.

This caused the tmap:processExits function to call the tmap:findWimpy function which assumes you already are using the mapper and can find the room you wimped out from, from tmap.lastId, I presume. This was not the case for me as I had no rooms created. Consequently, getRoomExits would fail in tmap:getAllExits as the roomId was nil.
[ERROR:] object:<roomexits> function:<Trigger20>
<getRoomExits: wrong argument type>

I reset tmap.pWimpy to nil and I could now add rooms as advertised. I went ahead and added tmap.pWimpy = nil to the tmap firstroom alias. There may be a better place you could advise me to initialize pWimpy on startup.

Thanks again

chris

Post by chris »

Great work on your end as well. I'll put in an initialization routine to remove all those variables that shouldn't persist in the tmap namespace.

mgrommet

Post by mgrommet »

This might be more of a overall mapping question, but I've not found the answer elsewhere, so....
Two questions:

I. Is it possible to tag a particular room a name, say "cot"
and ideally use this tag in speedwalking - "walk to cot" from wherever you might be?

II. How would I go about linking multiple areas together?
I'd love to, say, have an overall map of fantasy, and special exits into each sub-realm...

If I'm missing something obvious in the docs, just give me a friendly shove in the right direction :)