How in the world to use a mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
syd

Re: How in the world to use a mapper

Post by syd »

Jor'Mox wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:26 pm
Vadi wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:45 am
@syd does the MUD support GA? Then using return isPrompt() would work for a prompt trigger and will work for any custom prompt.
It does! I would say I can't believe I overlooked this, but I mostly work with a game that doesn't do anything like that.

So, syd, all you need to do is look at the "Prompt Trigger", and in the first pattern line for the trigger, change what it has to "return isPrompt()", and change the pattern type from "perl regex" to "Lua function".
Ok, thanks! I got it working by adjusting the regex of the prompt string to just pull anything behind the '>' character.

Code: Select all

^.*>\s*$
Thanks so much!!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: How in the world to use a mapper

Post by SlySven »

Jor'Mox wrote:It seems to be connected to if it is using an IPv4 or IPv6 address. When I connect to 138.197.30.160, it works great... when I connect to 2604:a880:800:10::209c:5001 it takes forever, and Mudlet times out before a connection is established. Would be nice if Mudlet actually let you know it gave up, instead of just sitting there saying it was trying to connect.
Looking through the code I see that Mudlet tries to connect only with the first IP address it sees whether there are any others or not - and if the Server has both an A and an AAAA record that gets served up by your name Server it is somewhat arbitrary which one you are going to see first.

In the short term the quick and dirty fix is to find the IP numbers to use {on *nix systems you might want to use the "domain internet gropert" utility dig (1) {i.e. for more informationm do a man dig to look for the command's details in section 1 of the man pages}}:

Code: Select all

stephen@Ripley:~$ dig swmud.org

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Debian <<>> swmud.org
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 43394
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;swmud.org.			IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
swmud.org.		86399	IN	A	138.197.30.160

;; Query time: 171 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Wed Oct 04 21:01:50 BST 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 54

stephen@Ripley:~$ 
<rant>{My ISP is the biggest one in the UK but as of yet they do not offer IPv6 (although in the last couple of months they have had about ~8000 out of nearly 16000000 of their users (0.05%) using it, and SixXS shut-down a few months ago after 18 years in operation :angry: - so I until I can get a HE tunnel sorted out I do not currently have IPv6 connectivity.}</rant>

In the near future I may consider putting in a control to specify whether a MUD server should be connected to over Either/IPv4Only/IPv6! 8-)