How in the world to use a mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: How in the world to use a mapper

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet is still trying to connect - when it gives up it does give a message.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Vadi wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:08 pm
Mudlet is still trying to connect - when it gives up it does give a message.
So any thoughts on why it is taking SO much longer to connect than Telnet? Telnet is connecting in around a minute or less, while I left Mudlet trying to connect for over 15 minutes with no results, and no timeout message.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Well, since the "out" and "exit" exits are relatively special case, here is a package with all the relevant stuff in it to make a mapper work with SW Mud. http://dslpnp.altervista.org/SW_Mud_Mapper.mpackage

Make sure you read the bits at the top of the Mapper Script to see how to use the mapping aliases. If you run into any problems, or need help getting something to work, just let me know.

syd

Post by syd »

Jor'Mox wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 pm
Well, since the "out" and "exit" exits are relatively special case, here is a package with all the relevant stuff in it to make a mapper work with SW Mud.

Make sure you read the bits at the top of the Mapper Script to see how to use the mapping aliases. If you run into any problems, or need help getting something to work, just let me know.
wow, thank you so much. Ill check it out and report back here!

syd

Post by syd »

Jor'Mox wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:21 pm
Well, since the "out" and "exit" exits are relatively special case, here is a package with all the relevant stuff in it to make a mapper work with SW Mud.

Maybe im missing something basic here..
When I load the Package in, enter the MUD. I type 'start mapping <mapname>' and it says 'Start Mapping Error: No room detected!'

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Okay, so if you just loaded the package, you need to move at least once before it will have the necessary info on a room. Then you can use the start mapping command. When I was testing it out, I used "start mapping Starting Area", but obviously you can use whatever area name you want. I recommend breaking the map into areas, rather than trying to do the whole thing in one area, as it gets rather unwieldy when the area gets too big.

syd

Post by syd »

Jor'Mox wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:15 pm
Okay, so if you just loaded the package, you need to move at least once before it will have the necessary info on a room. Then you can use the start mapping command. When I was testing it out, I used "start mapping Starting Area", but obviously you can use whatever area name you want. I recommend breaking the map into areas, rather than trying to do the whole thing in one area, as it gets rather unwieldy when the area gets too big.
odd. I go down and a few rooms. I get the same error.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

I built the triggers based off the guest login. In particular, the prompt it used was just ">". If you have a different prompt, then the prompt trigger I made will need a different pattern.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

@syd does the MUD support GA? Then using return isPrompt() would work for a prompt trigger and will work for any custom prompt.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Vadi wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:45 am
@syd does the MUD support GA? Then using return isPrompt() would work for a prompt trigger and will work for any custom prompt.
It does! I would say I can't believe I overlooked this, but I mostly work with a game that doesn't do anything like that.

So, syd, all you need to do is look at the "Prompt Trigger", and in the first pattern line for the trigger, change what it has to "return isPrompt()", and change the pattern type from "perl regex" to "Lua function".