support for large LPC style color grid maps added

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Heiko
Site Admin

support for large LPC style color grid maps added

Post by Heiko »

I've added support for large LPC style color grid maps. Mudlet has now the ability to render an ascii overlay of the grid map as if the MUD has no graphical hand drawn etc. map available which will be the case for most MUDs.

Omit

Re: support for large LPC style color grid maps added

Post by Omit »

Very Nice! (for those that did not catch it... the render time for a map like this is 0ms... instant, or near enough... and that is with what looks to be a few thousand rooms displayed)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

That's correct. It was necessary to make a fast display for large grid maps because they contain far too many rooms so that the conventional display would be too slow.
The mapper is very fast now.

Omit

Post by Omit »

Is there any documentation on displaying the ascii map?

I would also like to suggest adding the ability to display this style of map by hitting a button in the map window. (2D/3D/Ascii)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You need to set the area to grid map mode setGridMode(areaID, true). To make the grid map look like an ascii map you need to set the ascii char for each room and the color. Note that you cannot use the visual map editor in grid mode. If you want to use the map editor for a grid map area, you need to set it to non grid mode (standard mode) first, use the editor and then set it back to grid mode.

My Avalon.de map script + the demo map can serve as an example on how to use grid maps to display ascii maps.