(mapping script) Base Mapping script for LP muds

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: (mapping script) Base Mapping script for LP muds

Post by Vadi »

Hope you can get it working again without too much trouble

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

Hmm... I didn't realize that test4 came with features to handle room collisions/merging automatically. Is there any description of this anywhere yet? I know most scripts I've written and used handle collisions/merging themselves. If mudlet now handles these cases automatically, that would be excellent.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Fully automated room merging is impossible because most MUDs contain areas that cannot be represented in 2 or 3 dimensional space (e.g. map errors, illogical map design etc.) and no two MUDs are the same in any other aspect apart from the game language.
There haven't been any changes to old functions apart from the return value of searchRoom() - at least I can't think of anything. Old scripts should still work. If they don't, please let me know what doesn't work anymore.

Omit

Post by Omit »

I have used the searchRoom function to in my mapping script. I used it to determine if the room you enter is the room you expected to be at that location (and a couple other places I think.) That change would certainly have broken this scripting but it should be fairly easy to get it working again. I should have some time tonight to look at it.

Omit

Post by Omit »

OK.... had some time to look....
The Generic mapping script seemed to interfere with my scripting....
It seems that I have an issue in my color functions (once I remarked them out the mapping began to work reliably again, anything change with the env functions?)....
there is still an issue I am tring to track down with speciel exits....
and... it may not map after the initial mapping session(issue with verifing the room using the searchRoom function)

(note: the critical functionality I use the searchRoom function for seems to be undocumented and did not change, If you pass a room ID as the paramater to the searchRoom function it returns the rooms description .... searchRoom(4) will return the description of room ID 4)

I will update the script when I have addressed these issues (and a couple other of minor things to make it more user freindly)

Omit

Daagar

Post by Daagar »

Yes, the color environment functions now take an extra "alpha" parameter. I don't _think_ a default is provided (I at one point patched that in myself) but that might have been corrected before test4 was released. Your experience though makes me think that it wasn't, however...

chris

Post by chris »

The new release needs the alpha character...I might have forgot to document that

Omit

Post by Omit »

I got my color functions working again! (I was also very happy to see that the custom color table is now being saved and was able to remove the database I had created to store it.)

Omit

Post by Omit »

Progress has been made, It maps again, I have made some changes so all the mapping/color/current room/... info is now saved nicely with the map file and is restored from there.(previously this was not possible).

It still has issues with the special exits. (The functions are more than a little F'ed up in the most recent version I have available to me and depending on how they end up I may have quite a bit of work to get them working correctly again.)

So, I anxiously await a new compiled version for windows (with useable special exit functions).

I will make the script available as soon as this last issue is fixed.

Omit

azure_glass

Post by azure_glass »

Anyone keeping alive this script?