Feature Request(s)

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Omit

Feature Request(s)

Post by Omit »

Starting this thread as a place to discuss our wish list for the MUDlet mapper.

...and I will start out by requesting....

I would like to see a menu accessible for any room on the map (my thought is a right click on the room).
Things that should go into this menu are:
* Goto room
* Delete room
* Move room > (with a sub-menu with n,ne,e,se,s,sw,w,nw,u,d)
* Set room color (prehaps with a color chooser of some kind, or a chart from the color table)
* Add an additional exits (for hidden, non standard, ... whatever... this is the least thought out of these suggestions)

Vadi

Re: Feature Request(s)

Post by Vadi »

I don't agree with "* Move room > (with a sub-menu with n,ne,e,se,s,sw,w,nw,u,d)"... what a tedious way to be adjusting the map. It'll be better to have a 'move mode' where the cursor would be showing where you'd like the room to do, and clicking would place it.

Omit

Post by Omit »

better yet... 'move mode' that allowed you to select and drag rooms or even entire areas with the mouse. (that would be awesome) But, I still like the idea of a simple move room(dirs....) in a sub-menu, when you are mapping new areas there is often reasons to move just one room. Yes it would be tedious to move large numbers of rooms this way but should also be pretty easy to implement and useful. (I would imagine it would be a lot easier than a 'move mode' of some kind to adjust the map)

Omit

Post by Omit »

'Map Adjust Mode' (inspired by vadi's comments)
The ability to select one or more rooms on the mapper through some sort of special 'mode' and do the following actions to them.
*set color
*move them
*delete them
*(I don't use it right now but isn't there something about travel cost for rooms)

Ideally this should be able to be done by just selecting the rooms on the map (either my selecting an area on the map that could include many rooms, clicking a room or shift clicking to select multiple rooms.) then right clicking to select an action to apply to the rooms.

Omit

Post by Omit »

* Function to get room info based on the roomID.
my thought is have it return a table with all the room info saved in the map. (room name, exits,area,x,y,z, color,....)

With rooms tied together based in the room ID it would make a lot of things easier.

mudlettest

Post by mudlettest »

I hope that there will be more or less full control via api to access/modify map. Right now, for example, it is not possible to remove link from room, as setExit function checks that "to" and "from" rooms exist (nor is possible to delete room). Well, i guess i should just wait for new versions :)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Do you want to link to the Nirvana? :) If the room exits, you can link to it -> create rooms before you link to them. Removing a link from a room is possible by using exit ID 0 or -1 I don't remember.

mudlettest

Post by mudlettest »

Actually, linking to Nirvana can be very useful. For example i move to new room and it could show me all exits the room currently has, so i can just map further by just looking at map - all exits that have to be mapped are clearly seen.

And also, using 0 or -1 for exit will not do anything currently (if i look at correct source)

Junq

Post by Junq »

I would like to see the option to flatten rooms. They would keep the same 3D effects but be more like sqares instead of cubes.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Junq wrote:I would like to see the option to flatten rooms. They would keep the same 3D effects but be more like sqares instead of cubes.
This already exists. Click on "top view"