Feature Request(s)

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: Feature Request(s)

Post by Vadi »

The 2D map has a checkmark toggle for this - it'd be nice to get the 3D view a similar option.

Omit

Post by Omit »

I have been working on my mapping script and I thought of a couple of things that would be useful.

A function to return to highest room ID value +1 (with this value and you have a unique # to use as a new room ID and do not have to keep track of the count locally, random functions are horrible for this and is asking for trouble).... something like roomID = getNewRoomID()

A similar function to return the highest room env color value +1 (less important as this can be returned as a single table and can be found.... is the color table being saved yet?)... envID = getNewEnvID()

Add a persistent variable into the mapper to store the RoomID that you are in. (to track your location from session to session, there are many other ways to do this but would be best stored with the map)

kakku

Post by kakku »

i'm only using 2D mapper and i would like to request:
- doors. it would be nice if the map would depict them. i used to draw maps on paper and then i would just cross the connection line between to squares with a little line.
- better up and down signs.
- possibility to add signs to rooms. maybe something like little colored dots/circles would work. this so i can mark rooms to have a shop AND a watering place AND are impossible to ride in with horses.
- some way to see a little name of some special room on the map. or for special doornames.

thanks for all the great work sofar!!!

example:
Attachments
example.jpg
example.jpg (17.67 KiB) Viewed 4535 times

kakku

Post by kakku »

sometimes maps move in weird ways: you are in roomA, then you go west, north, east. so you are in roomB and then you go UP and you are back in roomA. in that case the up and down exit of roomA and roomB are not visually connected.
a dotted line or anything non-similar to normal connections would be good for this.
this would also be great help if i would want to map everything in one plane. which i do.

kakku

Post by kakku »

in 2D-view: can we get all areas to show?

also what are area's meant for ?