(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Vadi »

This is the Lua component to make the Mudlet Mapper work for IRE games. It's included by default in all Mudlet profiles for Achaea, Aetolia, Lusternia, Imperian, or Starmourn. If you'd like to know more about it, see below!

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Mapper Lua for IREs

Post by Vadi »

Updated Sept 27th:
- added pig nose arty for Lusternia area detection
- added area detection to Lusternia deathsight
- goto <room number> now accepts sprint/dash/gallop, ie goto 1 sprint
- added sprint option to settings, use 'mconfig sprint on' to always sprint
- added new multiple room shortening calculation function from tsuujin
- added mmp.getnums function
- added mmp.areatable, mmp.areatabler tables

txandi

Post by txandi »

This sounds great! I would say look great too, but I think there's an issue... the mapper won't capture my map properly! I just deleted the previous map I was using by demonnic (I think it was made for another IRE game, not Lusternia specifically) and imported the xml for this. I didn't see any triggers for capturing the map, but a few triggers for swimming, deathsight, etc.

There's an error with the Utilities script too: Lua syntax error.[string "function mmp.echo(what)...")82: attempt to call global 'getAreaTable' (a nil value)

Hope this can be addressed soon.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Your Mudlet version isn't new enough

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Updated October 9th:
- added rf <room name>, room find <room name> to locate rooms

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Updated October 28th:
- instructions on how to update the map

Kanner

Post by Kanner »

Hi,

I'm not sure where to put this, it's not exactly related to this I don't think but it might be. I was playing around with Mudlet trying to learn it. I downloaded the pre6 to play with the mapper. I was making just a short alias to pull up the Achaea map and it crashed Mudlet. The alias was "m" and it was supposed to do "map".

The interesting thing is I played around with it after and I can use "k" to bring up "map" or I can do "m" to "look" but when the two are together "m" for "map" it crashes. Not sure if you were already aware of that or if it was intended to be reserved for something later on but just thought you would want to know.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think the issue there is that you possibly made a recursive alias - one that matched itself, so when Mudlet looped doing what you've asked it to, the OS killed it.

Do know that if make the alias use the 'Command' field, the commands will still be checked if it's an alias or not.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

1. Keep in mind that alias patterns are regex only. The regex pattern m will match any command that contains an m whereas ^m$ is probably more what you want. Read the alias section in the manual for more information.
2. An alias pattern m with the script: expandAlias("map") will loop infinitely. You'll want to use send("map") instead or use the pattern ^m$.

Sohl

Post by Sohl »

I uh, actually didn't realize you needed a separate script to display/speedwalk. It's working fine now, thanks for the help.