(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Samyaza

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script IREs

Post by Samyaza »

How do I add the area names in?
for some reason every rooms comes up as being in nil.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Try updating to the latest Mudlet, first. Then it'd probably the script that needs debugging.

Samyaza

Post by Samyaza »

I remember seeing something about an add-in for aetherspace/wilderness maps. Any news on that?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's for Avalon DE. I haven't done any work on it yet to integrate it into this script, but you're welcome to start

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Mapping aliases and basic-automapping (requires GMCP) are now available in the script!

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Couple issues with the newest mapper changes.

First:
(mapper): Added missing exit in to Entering a long cave (7050). in exit to 7050 doesn't actually exist, removed it.
This happens on entering a room with any in or out exit while mapping is active.

Second:
'[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:85: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got no value)'
Seemingly happens on entering rooms with no visible exits.

Third:
'[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:72: attempt to index local 'x' (a nil value)'
Actually, I've got no clue on this one. Try going into the Shala'jen past to see this happen. Saw it in another room as well, but I'm not disclosing the location of that room due to IC concerns.

Edit:
The third appears to happen when attempting to create rooms where it can't see how you got there.

Omni

Post by Omni »

Sanaki wrote:Couple issues with the newest mapper changes.

First:
(mapper): Added missing exit in to Entering a long cave (7050). in exit to 7050 doesn't actually exist, removed it.
This happens on entering a room with any in or out exit while mapping is active.

Second:
'[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:85: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got no value)'
Seemingly happens on entering rooms with no visible exits.

Third:
'[string "--mmp_mapping_newroom..."]:72: attempt to index local 'x' (a nil value)'
Actually, I've got no clue on this one. Try going into the Shala'jen past to see this happen. Saw it in another room as well, but I'm not disclosing the location of that room due to IC concerns.

Edit:
The third appears to happen when attempting to create rooms where it can't see how you got there.
Encountered that third problem also, when trying to map two different manses in Lusternia. And when you delete an area you created, it doesn't seem to remove the area name off the area list.

Now I'm encountering the problem of it deleting exits also. It only happens when mapping mode is turned on.
Last edited by Omni on Mon May 16, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Adding onto the previous, tried manually linking. Had some issues with some of the rlk, rlc, etc until I realized the wiki lists the command's syntax a bit off. Worked fine once I changed it to "rlk <room> <dir>". Second though:

(mapper): in isn't a valid normal exit.

'Nuff said.

EDIT (yes, me and edits):
Realized it was looking for "i", "o", "u", "d", etc. On the other hand, attempting to manual link ins (and not outs) just returns this:
(mapper): Couldn't create an exit.

Also, you can do rlk out, but not rlk in. ???

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Adding on even more, it seems to want to delete hidden exits on encountering them and there doesn't appear to be a way to disable this behaviour.

Also, there appears to be no way to create a room only accessible by a special exit. I see no way to create a room with a designated room number, attempting to create an exit from a room that doesn't exist only confuses it, and there appears to be no way to change the room id of a room you create with rlc.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Another odd one:
'setRoomCoordinates: wrong argument type'
Seems to happen on room entry occasionally, though re-entering the room fixes it?