(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Vadi »

Issue - going from meropis to prime, the mapper doesn't realise at what point it can use wings and continues walking all the way

Desired feature - mconfig nowingsincity, don't use wings in Achaea when going between destinations while in the city.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Question:
The default behaviour of the map display, is for the map centre to be the room the character is currently in.

I am wondering how I might go about having this behaviour only kick in if the entire area doesn't currently fit in the window.

To explain why I would prefer to see as much of the area as possible - I script so that enemies/allies that I 'scent', show up on the map as reg/green highlights around the room(s) they are in. Sometimes, if I am in a room on the edge of an area, I can't see the majority of the area despite there being more than enough room to fit it all in.

I sort of have a vague idea how to go about this using centerview(vnum), but before doing that I thought it worth asking if there is a better way.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

centerview is about the only function currently there is to manipulate what it is showing.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Idea from Dontarion: Potential upgrade for the mapper tracking -- allow squint/glance to reset people/locations.

lordnoak

Post by lordnoak »

(mapper): Downloading the latest crowdmap...
(mapper): Map downloaded, loading it in...
(mapper): Map failed to load - you need to have the mapper open. Please open it, and then click
here to try loading it in again.

I have mapper open, but it doesn't seem to be recognized. Plus, the additional graphics like doors, and lines between up/down rooms are gone. The $ symbol for shops is also gone. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling via the package manager to no avail. Any suggestions on how to fix the map?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Are you certain you have the map open?

lordnoak

Post by lordnoak »

How many maps are available in Mudlet 2.1? I click the map button and Mudlet Mapper is open, am I looking at the wrong thing?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, that is the correct thing. The crowdmap then should load successfully once that is open - haven't seen it fail.

lordnoak

Post by lordnoak »

I was forcing it to update, I think I'm missing a step somewhere. I had this working at one point then left Mudlet open and windows restarted my PC not saving Mudlet or my profile. So now it's back to the generic map. Are the additional graphics from crowdmap (lines between up/down, doors, etc)?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, yellow lines are from the crowdmap.