(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script IREs

Post by Vadi »

Try deleting the map and having it redownload.

Manni

Post by Manni »

I have... I've tried three different versions and they are all the same

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh. I guess they removed those areas from the downloadable map :(

Manni

Post by Manni »

mildly frustrating... I've tried mapping them myself, but I'm having trouble understanding the wiki on how to do that... I turn mc on, but it doesn't seem to map the rooms I go through.... I've tried rlk as well with that. I may be misunderstanding the us of the mapper, but I don't know

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Should map with mc on, as long as you're connected to achaea.com and have GMCP enabled. I posted a short mapping video here as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgD9Nfz16uQ&hd=1

Manni

Post by Manni »

ah! Thank you, that worked!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Excellent!

Tobel

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Tobel »

I mentioned the problem in the Mudlet Mapper section and it seems it was a problem specific to the mapping script.

I use the mapping script linked in the first post from the Wiki and have the following issue:

The room SE of NoT gets avoided by the speedwalker whenever possible. If I am standing on NoT and double click on the Shunai Bridge room, the mapper will go southwest, south, then east into the forest (basically moving all the way south of Thera) to get to it. So about 20+ rooms instead of just going SE, E. This is the room info for that room:

(mapper): Room: Along the Prelatorian Highway #: 1359 area: Prelatorian Highway, the (22)
(mapper): Coordinates: x:-26, y:14, z:0, locked: nope, weight: ?
(mapper): Environment: Road (12)
(mapper): Exits (2):
northwest -> North of New Thera (1299)
east -> Shunai Bridge (1360)

I recently removed and reimported the mapper and redownloaded the map. Most of my rooms seem to have weight: ? but that doesn't affect the speedwalker. Any ideas on why this room is being skipped?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The 'rl' was a mapping script issue, but pathfinding is done inside Mudlet itself. I don't have an issue going to the room southeast though or even to itself.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Was away for a bit, but just updated and began using the newest mapper script. Works like a dream, no show-stopping bugs remain that I can see. Only oddity I notice is that it now recreates in exits every time it sees them, but that doesn't actually do anything other than echo a line, so it's a bit of a moot bug. Would actually be nice if the room link text would indicate if the link already existed.