(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by SlySven »

Um, no. :oops:

I rarely run 'Doze any more and have never had any joy putting together a 64-bit Qt build platform (mine is a 64Bit system but the Qt IDE/Libs/Mingw-64 subsystem on/off-line installers are only available in a 32-bit version and I do not fancy building my own - also AFAICT Qt have decided to make Qt 5.6 a long term service release, but at the same time not to offer pre-built 32-bit versions so I am not even sure what is available for a free Doze enviroment anymore). I've even decided NOT to install the free Lose-10 update which is apparently available until July this year.

<rant>Well it doesn't seem to want to install on my dual-boot main system, none of my others have the grunt or previous OS versions 7/8 to run it, and I do not like the way that M$ are no longer telling you what each update does so you can work out which one is breaking your system...!</rant>

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

jgh713 wrote:Don't suppose you have a compiled version of either of those lying around for windows?
I don't but I realise that Nyyrazzilyss has, in the form of a 32-bit binary version: see this posting. The PR308 that he refers to is pretty much the current version of the 3.0.0 preview code as of this moment (I am working on some stuff but it is not out yet...!)

jgh713

Post by jgh713 »

Thanks! Working beautifully, it seems. Also includes some documented mapper functions that I've been waiting on foevah. Darker colors seem more readable too. Cheers.

jgh713

Post by jgh713 »

Though for some reason the map audit forced every outdoors room on my map to be indoors.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

jgh713 wrote:Though for some reason the map audit forced every outdoors room on my map to be indoors.
That seems a bit strange - do you mean that (you think) the "environment" {lua setRoomEnv(roomId, envId) & getRoomEnv( roomId ); 2D Mapper "color" though that will be changed to "environment" when a second direct "color" command comes on-line (see below)} "number" that those rooms have is being clobbered? Or that the colour is being changed? Or that some "userData" is being subject to application frobbing? :o

In relation to this I have some environment "improvements" on a back-burner: those include overhauling/extending the code so that that an "environment" has a "name/description" and possibly a standard room "weight" and "character" and so that the mapping of environment to colour that is auto-magically done (but kept inaccessible from the user) by the auto-magic XML Map parser used for the downloaded maps from the 5 IRE MUDS) would be user accessible {so that several different "environments" that are mapped to the same "color id" can be individually reassigned.} Some packages do some of the above but I thought it ought to be brought into the Application core.

That bit about environment number to colour is particularly relevant when say several different types of "water" are all mapped to the ANSI 4 "blue" colour on the "mapper color" tab of the profile preferences but each has a different "htmlcolor" attribute that maps to a different 24bit RGB shade that Mudlet currently ignores. At present one of the IRE MUDs has that ("Achaea" IIRC).

For the moment though some of this needs to mess with the internal data structures - and the "room" one {TRoom class for anyone that cares} is already getting a bit Heath-Robinson so I have stopped off to re-factoring/redesigning some aspects of that which should pay off greatly to unify the way that exits are identified internally...! This should improve the handling of exits and the things that are linked to them (doors/weights/custom lines/no-speedwalk-locking/speedwalking & route-finding) - and that will also help when translating the GUI/Internal for other languages with different initials e.g. here are a few guesses but I am not sure we can even relay on a single letter initial being enough for many languages:
  • North, East, South, West, Up, Down, In, Out {English}
  • Nord, Est, Sud, Ouest, Haut, Bas, Dans, Dehors {French}
  • Nord, Ost, Süd, West, Oban, Unten, Im, Aus {German}
  • Norte, Este, Sur, Oeste, Arriba, Abajo, En, Fuera {Spanish}
:?

jgh713

Post by jgh713 »

@SlySven it set all the userdata for indoors, so every outdoors room had to be re-marked as outdoors. Though, that just seems to have been a one-time thing? Perhaps linked to another part of the "audit" process?

Another issue, that seems to be causing a lot of problems with things like "rf" and other scripts that use the mapper, is that the "mmp.areatable" and "mmp.areatabler" scripts aren't getting defined. Not sure if that's an issue with the mapper script itself or the built-in functions, but it's only happened since I started using the new version. Will give more information if I figure out what the hell is causing it.

missari

Post by missari »

I don't know about the other games, but when you download the Aetolia map from the website it doubles up every room in an area and I haven't been able to suss out a way to destroy these duplicate rooms. Anyone have any familiarity with a simple fix, or some kind of thing that'll work it out?

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Well looking at the map file itself (available from http://www.aetolia.com/maps/map.xml, but NOT able to be loaded into current Mudlet versions manually!) there does not appear to be a reason for that in the file! Are you seeing two rooms with the SAME room id on the map? If so that might be possible to recover from if you move each room to a different area and then back to the area it is supposed to be in - that causes the area to properly recognise that a room belongs to it which probably isn't happening after an XML map download; also the latest version of either the development or the preview versions should fix up such anomalies especially if you do that after you save and reload the map after doing the "area hokey-cokey" on each room IMHO.

missari

Post by missari »

SlySven wrote:-snip-
Yup! This little function fixed it right up! Thanks!

function doubleRoomFix(area)

for k,v in pairs(getAreaRooms(area)) do
mmp.roomArea(v, 231)
mmp.roomArea(v, area)
end
end

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Glad that helped - I just ought to fix it so that doesn't happen when a map is download from the I.R.E. sites auto-magically. :-)