(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Vadi »

You have updated to the latest? The in exit issue has been fixed a bit ago.

Sanaki

Post by Sanaki »

Yup. Latest from the wiki. Creates them fine. It just continues to recreate them every time it sees them. Doesn't remove them though. The bug doesn't actually cause any problems, it's just an aesthetic bug, I suppose. I'll look at the code later and pinpoint the problem, gotta run off for now though.

Manni

Post by Manni »

When updating do areas you map reset or do they remain?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

When updating the mapping script, the areas remain. The script itself holds no data.

dhoob

Post by dhoob »

I am getting an error in the speedwalking script about trying to concatenate boolean variable dashtype. It happens when I try to goto an area, or click on an option to goto an area. It does not happen with clicking on rf results or trying to goto a number. Any suggestions?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Make sure you're on the latest one

dhoob

Post by dhoob »

Uninstalled, deleted, downloaded and installed latest version according to wiki (July 9th).

Still getting the same error, here is the message:

Lua error:[string "speedWalkWatch = createStopWatch()..."]:164: attempt to concatenate local
'dashtype' (a boolean value)

Maybe it is butting heads with my scripts somewhere? I have spent some time looking at the speedwalking script but it is beyond me.

Manni

Post by Manni »

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'm not too sure what mudlet tests is for, but I definitely hope to see the autowalk link, when you farsee, or scry someone, make it in with the map interface in the rc versions. I love the ability to type the room in, and pull up the area map in that version, along with the ability to click the room number to autowalk in tests.

wieczo

Post by wieczo »

I am not sure how to contribute, but I added a View(works in Eagle morph, Dragonform and maybe others) trigger.
Attachments
viewTrigger.xml
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 376 times

selthis

Post by selthis »

Not sure how feasible this is. But how would one go about adding in a movement option into the mapping script for a specific game.

Imperian has caravans which you need to lead from room to room. For example, like so:
The olde general store.
A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is
on the ground. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading north, east, and out.
H:490 M:610 E:2127 W:2672 <eb db> lead caravan e
You begin leading a caravan east.
H:490 M:610 E:2127 W:2672 <eb db>
You lead a caravan east.
A bustling foundry.
A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A runic totem is planted solidly
in the ground. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see a single exit leading west.
Moving from room to room doesn't take balance (but it does require it) and there is a delay in movement between rooms based on caravan size. What I am looking to do is something similar to the options that exist for for using gallop or dash or whatever, so I can do "goto # caravan" and it just lead the caravan along the path until I get the room.

In using Whyte's mapper and in the past, I was able to kludge something together since the path displayed when you did map path roomnumber. But since I want to try and switch to Mudlet and the mudlet mapper, I'm needing to start over again. Any help or possible insight would be greatly appreciated!