(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Jaizsur

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Jaizsur »

Was poking my head around here and thought I'd offer my two cents on some topics that interest me.

Does the Achaean map already have information on whether the not the room is indoors/outdoors? If not, when I was mapping in zMUD I'd try FLYERS every time I entered a room to figure out if it were indoors/outdoors. Then you can automatically create exits for duanathar and such.

Also, has anyone created scripts to use the Universe Tarot, Xenophage, Pierce the Veil, Nirvana, etc, etc? Those are quite useful and probably more effective on Mudlet. On zMUD I always had trouble enabling/disabling universe/pierce exits because it would take zMUD a long time to process but I imagine Mudlet doesn't have similar issues?

And what's the gui like for the mudlet mapper now? Golly, I love maps and mapping. Makes me want to play again :D

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

HIya -

GMCP in Achaea tells you if a room is indoors or outdoors, so the Achaean map of Mudlets does have that information recoded. Duanathar and duanatharan are fully implemented too - it'll use wings right away if you're outside and the path is shorter, and it'll consider using them if get outside while walking from in inside. So all in all it's how they should be.

Universe tarot isn't in yet, but wings are a pretty good template on how to make it work (make temp exits in the room, do pathfinding, clear the temps), and someone posted a setup on Achaea forums. Additions to the script would be welcome!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Aeryllin wrote:Well, if you do decide to add a way to put a general delay in, please let me know. I have an unfortunately laggy internet connection and cannot use the mapper as a result, since my lag causes it to get utterly confounded and send me off into left field and then get me stuck somewhere bouncing between rooms, constantly overshooting paths, etc.

Also, sometimes it might be handy to have a pause, even without a laggy connection, to see what's going on around you - using the mapper not necessarily as a zoom-to-room-as-fast-as-possible function but rather as a handy helper to walk from Point A to point B.

Just a thought, although I understand I'm in the minority of people stuck in the dark ages of wilderness internet and most probly would never need/want such a general delay.
This feature is in now - mconfig slowwalk on will do it for you.

Aeryllin

Post by Aeryllin »

Vadi wrote:
Aeryllin wrote:Well, if you do decide to add a way to put a general delay in, please let me know. I have an unfortunately laggy internet connection and cannot use the mapper as a result, since my lag causes it to get utterly confounded and send me off into left field and then get me stuck somewhere bouncing between rooms, constantly overshooting paths, etc.

Also, sometimes it might be handy to have a pause, even without a laggy connection, to see what's going on around you - using the mapper not necessarily as a zoom-to-room-as-fast-as-possible function but rather as a handy helper to walk from Point A to point B.

Just a thought, although I understand I'm in the minority of people stuck in the dark ages of wilderness internet and most probly would never need/want such a general delay.
This feature is in now - mconfig slowwalk on will do it for you.
I love you. So very much.

Gwawr

Post by Gwawr »

Hello. I've found some inaccurate room titles in the Achaean crowdmap database. The first element is the room ID, the second what it is in mudlet's database, the third is what the title is now in the game, and the fourth is the area.

(507, u'The Radiant Path approaching the palace ruins', u'The Radiant Path approaching the palace gates', u'Ashtan')
(6094, u'The Ashtan Courthouse', u'The Hall of Justice', u'Ashtan')
(5419, u'Ye Shoppe of Daggers and Cloaks', u'Lucky Strikes', u'Ashtan')
(4964, u'The Arsenal', u"Cathubodva's Collectibles", u'Ashtan')
(36491, u'Statue of Kastalia, Goddess of Lakes and Rivers', u'Statue of Kastalia, Goddess of the River', u'Cyrene')
(7101, u'End of the Marina', u'End of the marina', u'Cyrene')
(7098, u'A large dock in Cyrene', u'Pier extending over Lake Muurn', u'Cyrene')
(9985, u"Nature's Harmony", u'Verruchtopia', u'Cyrene')
(6444, u'Rounding a bend on Spirit Lane', u'A tranquil bend in Spirit Lane', u'Cyrene')
(13068, u"Forest's Light", u'Celestial Light', u'Cyrene')
(3757, u'A crystal fountain surrounded by flowers', u'Twisting path beneath topiary trees', u'Cyrene')
(3755, u'Along the western balsam', u'Along the tulip-clad balsam', u'Cyrene')
(3752, u'Fountain of the Spirits', u'A lyre-shaped fountain of marble and malachite', u'Cyrene')
(3743, u'A secluded sculpture garden', u'A pool of willow tears', u'Cyrene')
(3741, u'Beneath the rose arch', u'Beside the Pool of Remembrance', u'Cyrene')
(3576, u'Entering the Garden', u'A verdant vista of passion and rage', u'Cyrene')
(6445, u'Spirit Lane off of Fair Seas Lane', u'Spirit Lane by a miniature rose garden (road)', u'Cyrene')
(6461, u'Travelling between olive and citrus groves', u'Travelling between plum and pear trees', u'Cyrene')
(6462, u'Within Cyrenian citrus groves', u'Beside a low stone wall', u'Cyrene')
(6458, u'Within Cyrenian citrus groves', u'Within a fragrant orchard', u'Cyrene')
(6455, u'Edge of an aging citrus grove', u'Edge of an ageing orchard', u'Cyrene')
(6450, u'Deep within an aging citrus grove', u'Deep within an ageing orchard', u'Cyrene')
(6452, u'Edge of an aging citrus grove', u'Ageing pear trees alongside a rock wall', u'Cyrene')
(6454, u'Travelling between olive and citrus groves', u'Passing between flowering pear and plum trees', u'Cyrene')
(6457, u'The centre of olive and citrus groves', u'The centre of the Cyrenian orchard', u'Cyrene')
(6453, u'Edge of olive groves beside a pond', u'Plum orchard beside a pond', u'Cyrene')
(6456, u'Within Cyrenian olive groves', u'Rise within a thriving plum orchard', u'Cyrene')
(6460, u'Within Cyrenian olive groves', u'Amid neat rows of dark plums', u'Cyrene')
(6463, u'Dead and dying trees at the edge of the groves', u'At the edge of a plum and pear orchard', u'Cyrene')
(6350, u'Amid the remains of an old olive grove', u'Valley path through a burgeoning pear orchard', u'Cyrene')
(7100, u'Dock alongside the marina', u'A modest livery yard', u'Cyrene')
(6357, u'A ruined section of Cyrene', u'Meeting of Ministrickle and the Cyrenian Valley road', u'Cyrene')
(6380, u'Merrilon Avenue lined with orange trees', u'Merrilon Avenue lined with apricot trees', u'Cyrene')
(16290, u'Enchanted Starlight', u"Nature's Warehouse", u'Eleusis')
(4053, u'The Spring of Fluvialis', u'A ruined temple', u'Hashan')
(4470, u'Parade of the Founders north of a spring', u'Parade of the Founders north of a ruined temple', u'Hashan')
(4578, u'The Entrance to the Hashanite Menagerie', u'The entrance to the Hashanite Menagerie', u'Hashan')
(16063, u'An open training area', u"Daveed's Pet Supply", u'New Thera')
(24547, u"A carpet weaver's shop", u"A weaver's workshop", u'Shallam')
(2264, u'Northern Wall before the great Gate', u'Northern wall before the Great Gate', u'Shallam')
(2157, u'Along the northern Wall', u'Along the northern wall', u'Shallam')
(2156, u'Along the northern Wall', u'Along the northern wall', u'Shallam')
(2155, u'Northern Wall by a tower', u'Northern wall by a tower', u'Shallam')
(2163, u'Foot of the Rampart', u'Foot of the rampart', u'Shallam')
(6850, u'Brimstone & Balms', u"Knight's Pawn", u'Shallam')
(6862, u'The Happy Herbalist', u'Hallowed Ground', u'Shallam')
(2203, u"Passing a carpet weaver's shop", u"Passing a weaver's workshop", u'Shallam')
(8087, u'The Shallamese Arena Staging ground', u'The Shallamese arena staging ground', u'Shallam')
(2218, u'Outside the Shallamese University', u'The ruins of Outside the Shallamese University', u'Shallam')
(2170, u'Fish street near the walls', u'Fish Street near the walls', u'Shallam')
(9567, u'Basement of the destroyed lighthouse', u'Basement of the lighthouse', u'the Muurn Lake')
(8035, u'A rocky island choked with rubble', u'Treacherous beach before a lighthouse', u'the Muurn Lake')
(779, u'By the river Zaphar', u'Nearing the edge of the Northern Ithmia', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(778, u'East bank of the Zaphar within the Ithmia', u'East bank of the Zaphar River', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(777, u'By the river Zaphar', u'Upon the eastern bank of the Zaphar', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(776, u'By a bend in the river Zaphar', u'Serene riverbank', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(774, u'East bank of the Zaphar within the Ithmia', u'Eastern bank of the mighty Zaphar', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(773, u'On the bank of the river Zaphar within Ithmia', u'Upon the bank of the river Zaphar', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(696, u'A widening trail in the North Ithmia', u'A cobbled road in the North Ithmia (road)', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(697, u'A trail at the fringes of Northern Ithmia', u'A cobbled road at the fringes of North Ithmia (road)', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(770, u'River Zaphar through the Northern Ithmia', u'Meandering forest stream', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(769, u'Wide stream through the Northern Ithmia', u'Lively stream through the Northern Ithmia', u'the Northern Ithmia')
(1431, u'Northern Shamtota Nearing Pachacacha', u'Northern Shamtota nearing Pachacacha', u'the Shamtota Hills')
(5467, u'The Shrine of Ascension', u'Blasted remains of the Shrine of Ascension', u'the Siroccian Mountains')
(2455, u'Highway on the fringes of the Putoran hills', u'Highway overlooking a broken land (road)', u'the Southern Wilderness')
(24273, u'Zaphar nearing Shallam', u'Zaphar nearing the ocean', u'the Southern Zaphar River')
(33518, u'The harbour of Shallam', u'A harbour in ruin', u'the watery remnants of Shallam')

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks for the info! I've passed it to Qwindor who maintains the crowdmap to run this script.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hey,

The latest update (version 12.12.4) to the script adds a new feature - mconfig waterwalk on/off.
Default is on, and before this option existed, it was always on as well.

This option affects how the mapper will on the path to somewhere - with this option off, the mapper will try and avoid rooms you have to swim in, because it is slower. It'll go on land routes instead.

So this option is mainly good for newbies or people who can't walk over water - turn the option off to get to places quicker. When you do get the ability to walk on water, turn it on.

By default, its on, because most people can walk over water fine. Enjoy!

Tsara

Post by Tsara »

I tried to use the mapper but I saw was:

mconfig
(mapper): Available options:

Use gallop? false
Use dash? false
Use sprint? false

And I cant use mconfig crowdmap on.

What does the option crowdmap do anyway?

Qwindor

Post by Qwindor »

You need to go ahead and restart mudlet to get all the options. The crowdmap is for achaea and is a player updated map that has much more functionality than the offical achaean map.

Tsara

Post by Tsara »

Thank you for the suggestion, I already restarted Mudlet several times. I guess I will remove and reinstall it.

Now to be honest I would rather prefer not using the crowdmap and make my own, it is possible to use the mapper without crowdmap?