(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Rakon

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Rakon »

Not sure what you mean rl -> force map.
However, the second bit of commands mc on, spe list, shows the special exits AND wormhole connections.
Ex:

Code: Select all

Beneath a cavernous dome (23099, in Theran Underground) -> worm warp -> Steaming fissure (10597, in Mhaldor Isle)
Hmm.. but now the mconfig lockwormholes false shows properly:

Code: Select all

(mapper): Unlocking all wormholes...
(mapper): Unlocked 526 known wormholes.
Whatever, its working at this time.. I'll have to figure out why it wasn't working before... Thanks Vadi.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

In an unrelated question, but still mapper related: Why does the mapper pop-out window have such a huge 'minimum vertical/width size'. Can you disable that please?? I can make the mapper shrink and grow horizontally/height just fine, but I cannot shrink it smaller vertically/width, past a certain size. This is very annoying!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I don't recall offhand if there's a limit on it, however there is no limit on the window when you use it like a miniconsole with the createMapper or Geyser:Mapper() functions.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

I'm just using the map button in mudlet, which creates its own miniwindow. Its this window (when undocked), that is not resizeable to a smaller width. How would I go about using the createmapper function to start up the mudlet mapper?

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Vadi: Is there a way to display wormholes from/to in the main buffer output, or to access the information someone about the mapper wormholes so I can code it?

Is there a way to disable areas for pathfinding with the mudlet mapper?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Wormholes are special exits, so yes you can add a feature to display them as you walk around: http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Lua_Fun ... ecialExits

You can disable areas for walking with arealock: http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/IRE_mapping_script#arealock

Aeryllin

Post by Aeryllin »

Vadi wrote:
tsr wrote:Is there a way to force a delay between every walk action attempt? This is for MKO. I've tried a couple things, including

1. mmp.canmove - change the time in the tempTimer for setting mmp.canmove
2. Change mmp.movetimer in mmp.move from 0.5 to higher numbers
3. tried to replace mmp.move with mmp.customwalkdelay in doSpeedWalk

in every case, if I set the delaytime to say 3 seconds, there is a burst of movement for several rooms. then the delay hits. then another burst of movement.

What am i missing?
You can't set one for general walking - however you can set a delay for special walking actions which have a special line showing by triggering it to mmp.customwalkdelay().

A general delay hasn't been needed afaik, you want to get to your destination the fastest you can :)
Well, if you do decide to add a way to put a general delay in, please let me know. I have an unfortunately laggy internet connection and cannot use the mapper as a result, since my lag causes it to get utterly confounded and send me off into left field and then get me stuck somewhere bouncing between rooms, constantly overshooting paths, etc.

Also, sometimes it might be handy to have a pause, even without a laggy connection, to see what's going on around you - using the mapper not necessarily as a zoom-to-room-as-fast-as-possible function but rather as a handy helper to walk from Point A to point B.

Just a thought, although I understand I'm in the minority of people stuck in the dark ages of wilderness internet and most probly would never need/want such a general delay.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

A bug reported by user in Achaea:

Was trying to get to Arcadia, keep getting this: (9 - dash 0worm warp). The warp is here, but it's not dashing any direction or taking it.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Idea: have "room list" say which rooms are outdoors or indoors.