(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Vadi »

This has been fixed since, thanks.

Feel free to report everything to this one thread - until it grows too bug, there's no need to setup anything else.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Kard pointed out a problem with locating an entry point to an area (used in goto) - if the area has no exits going out, only in, such a point won't be located and goto <area> won't work. This is because the method only scans rooms of an area that have outgoing exits...

Not certain about a fix for this yet since rooms inside an area aren't linked to exits coming into them, so if we only scan the rooms in the area, we can't pick anything up. An efficient workaround would be to add the area as a room mark - then goto <mark> will take precedence over goto <area>.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Another issue I've run into, is if say I'm already in an area and goto <same area> it'll try to go to an area boundary instead of knowing that we're already IN that area.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's true, but I'm hesitant to undo that because it can be useful as a goto <id>... ie if I'm in Mhaldor and I want to go to gates, goto mhaldor does it instead of finding out the gates ID.

Trilliana

Post by Trilliana »

I wanted to give you guys the lines for ether seek (the alchemist ability) if you wanted to add it.

You reach out into the ether, folding it aside to reveal <begin of line substring>
^You reach out into the ether, folding it aside to reveal \w+. As you peer into the opening, the image of (.+) swims into view, then fades away as the ether seeps back into place. <perl regex>

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think I've added before - it should make it into the next update, thank you.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

How do I get the Mudlet Mapper and this script to use wormholes in achaea??
When I try to 'unlock' them, I get :

Code: Select all

mconfig lockwormholes false
(mapper): Unlocking all wormholes...
(mapper): Unlocked 0 known wormholes.
and there is no attempts to use the wormholes to travel.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Try doing mconfig crowdmap on - wormhole data is only available on that map, not the one downloaded from Achaea.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Crowd map is on, sorry forgot to mention that. Still no wormholes are loaded, nor used. Even when I go to map creation mode, and then worm sources, then toggle it off.. still says the same result of 0 wormholes.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The script lacks a feature to auto-map from doing worm sources at the moment, they're added through the spe alias. That automapping would be a welcome feature.

Just to confirm that the crowdmap is actually loaded, could you do rl -> force map to redownload it? Then mc on and spe list should bring up some 600 one-way special exits (and some 263 wormholes).