(mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Vadi

Re: (mapping script) Mudlet Mapper script for Achaea/IREs

Post by Vadi »

So you're on latest. Hm, I'm not getting this - could you show me a sample line that's causing the #'s to pop up that you click on?

Parleone

Post by Parleone »

Using SENSE:

You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Xer.
You see that Xer is at Bottomless crawlspace. (Bottomless crawlspace)
From your knowledge, that room might be in Granite Hills, the.

By clicking in " Granite Hills, the.":
Lua error:[string "mmp.gotoRoom(Bottomless crawlspace)"]:1: ')' expected near 'crawlspace'

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

That's very odd - it should be giving you the room # there. If you do mconfig crowdmap on, what happens?

tsr

Post by tsr »

Is there a way to force a delay between every walk action attempt? This is for MKO. I've tried a couple things, including

1. mmp.canmove - change the time in the tempTimer for setting mmp.canmove
2. Change mmp.movetimer in mmp.move from 0.5 to higher numbers
3. tried to replace mmp.move with mmp.customwalkdelay in doSpeedWalk

in every case, if I set the delaytime to say 3 seconds, there is a burst of movement for several rooms. then the delay hits. then another burst of movement.

What am i missing?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Parleone wrote:Using SENSE:

You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Xer.
You see that Xer is at Bottomless crawlspace. (Bottomless crawlspace)
From your knowledge, that room might be in Granite Hills, the.

By clicking in " Granite Hills, the.":
Lua error:[string "mmp.gotoRoom(Bottomless crawlspace)"]:1: ')' expected near 'crawlspace'
Someone else had this error and it was traced to them using an older version of Mudlet. Could you update yours?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

tsr wrote:Is there a way to force a delay between every walk action attempt? This is for MKO. I've tried a couple things, including

in every case, if I set the delaytime to say 3 seconds, there is a burst of movement for several rooms. then the delay hits. then another burst of movement.

What am i missing?
You can't set one for general walking - however you can set a delay for special walking actions which have a special line showing by triggering it to mmp.customwalkdelay().

A general delay hasn't been needed afaik, you want to get to your destination the fastest you can :)

Omni

Post by Omni »

Vadi wrote:
tsr wrote:Is there a way to force a delay between every walk action attempt? This is for MKO. I've tried a couple things, including

What am i missing?
You can't set one for general walking - however you can set a delay for special walking actions which have a special line showing by triggering it to mmp.customwalkdelay().

A general delay hasn't been needed afaik, you want to get to your destination the fastest you can :)
While true, in mko you have to pay attention to not move too fast or try to move when you can't or you'll run out of endurance, making you unable to move for a time.

Arania

Post by Arania »

Alright, So I'm having a problem with the maps ever since IRE moved servers. I can't download the map from the servers. So I'm completely map free and it's driving me crazy, Any idea if this will be fixed?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

IRE broke something and you ask us if we'll fix it? :) Thanks for the heads up, but it's for IRE to fix...

Arania

Post by Arania »

Nah just asking if Y'all know anything about it. I can't get them to respond so far at least