Generic Mapping Script

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Jor'Mox

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Jor'Mox » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:44 am

I didn't see any colors at all, but I think that is because it disabled ANSI after some test where it seemed like it was trying to write text, delete it, and then write more text, which Mudlet obviously has decided not to allow. But, presumably one could lie during that test and just get a more cluttered screen as a result, but have color.

Side note, I have been pondering how to both just improve mapping in general, and to allow it to be used in other languages most easily, is there any chance we could just make ALL mapping functions that need a direction accept the direction number instead of the various requirements, in which some need a number, but others won't take a number, and instead need text? Similarly, if an extra argument was added to functions that returned map info with directions to return those directions in number form, then someone could always interact with the direction numbers once in code, and all they would need to do would be to convert their direction words to the correct numbers when working with in-game text.

Jor'Mox

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Jor'Mox » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:52 pm

An issue wherein the mapper would reappear after being hidden was brought to my attention, and has been fixed in the current package file. The problem was because, for whatever reason, I had an old version of the window manager script I was using included with the package, instead of the most up to date version. If you don't plan on hiding the mapper window, then this change won't impact you one way or the other. If you are, you can either get the new script version from the package, or you can use the link on the first post of this thread to go to the Simple Window Manager thread, and grab the most up to date version of the script from there.