Generic Mapping Script

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
Allaboard
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Allaboard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:50 am

The compass is just to tell you what directions you can go in. If you look in the gif, it's colored differently for the directions. Yellow means you can go that direction. the U/D is technically another compass, but it's up/down. Gray means no-go, can't go. Sometimes there's a yellow direction, but move will fail due to a door being present, which can or can't be open, it depends on the door. I'm not exactly experienced enough to see exceptions to the the gravity always being after the room name, but I know it's not before the room name, at least.

EDIT: I went to Earth for normal gravity, since the game measures by N * Earth gravity, and the Gravity was still there, but it said Gravity: Normal.

So it doesn't disappear if gravity became 1x instead of 10x on Vegeta. 100x is a thing in training rooms, and 400x is a thing in Bardock's training room.

EDIT 2: I tried to get drunk to test possible fail checks, and it's just another movefail, although it's not because there's no exit, it's just because I have my sense of balance gone.

EDIT 3: not sure if zanzoken is randommove or forcemove, since it moves you to a random room without you typing anything while you can't predict where you're going It's design as a move to help you flee by evading and running away to a different room.

EDIT 4: Zanzoken is randommove, but if I use 'recall' I go to my newbie zone, no matter how many rooms away I am. Also, there's transport ship which can take you to different planets. You can go from my home planet Vegeta to Earth to Vegeta to Namek and to Vegeta again for example. How do i classify that?

EDIT 5: I talked to the owner of the game, and get some triggers set up, I still have onNewRoom and onNewExit and onForcedMove unfilled. The owner said he doesn't think there's a event where you're forced to move in a direction you know you're going.

Jor'Mox
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Jor'Mox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:21 am

The defining feature of forced move vs random move is that by reading whatever message tells you it happened, it is possible to know the direction in which you moved. If there is a random move, the script knows it has to search around and try to make educated guesses as to what room you ended up in, with a forced move, it knows the direction of travel. The most common example of a forced move is following someone, and that is likely something that exists even in your game.

Recall is a special case. To manage recalls, you need to first set a character (via the set character command), then you go to the room you recall to, and use the set recall command. If the place you recall to ever changes, you just go to the new room, and use the set recall command again. The script is designed for the possibility of different recall locations for multiple different characters, so you MUST set a character to use the recall feature of the script, though if you only have one character, or if every character always recalls to the same location, there is no need to be particular about setting things for each character. That said, there are often commands in the game that will show your character identity (like whoami, or score), which can potentially be used in concert with a trigger to automatically set the character name for the script.

The ships that transport you between worlds could be a number of things. They might act like portals, in which you enter the ship, and instantly show up on the new planet. They might act like normal rooms, in which you walk into the ship one way, and walk out another, with the exit you take determining which world you end up on. Both of those options are handled pretty easily by the script. The third option though, in which they act like ferries, actually moving from world to world, with the same exit leading to different destinations, isn't handled well by the script. However, this is fairly easy to work around, as the script has mechanisms in place to locate you if it doesn't recognize where you are. So, if this is the case, I would recommend just not mapping out the ships, and so long as the landing areas are distinctive, you should just be able to step off the ship, walk a room or two, and the map will catch up to you.

Jor'Mox
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Jor'Mox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am

Okay, so I worked out what I think should be a reasonable set of triggers to capture room names and exits.

For the room name trigger, you will need the following:
Set the following two trigger patterns, in order:
^(.*)$
^Gravity: (.*)$
Set both patterns to the type "perl regex"
Check the "multiline / AND Trigger" check box, and set the "line delta" value to 1
Set the code for the trigger to this:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
if not string.starts(multimatches[1][1],"Gravity") then
	map.prompt.room = multimatches[1][2]
end
Then, you need two triggers to capture the room exits. The first will trigger off of "Visible Exits:", as a beginning of line substring type trigger, and it will have the following code:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
enableTrigger("THE EXACT NAME OF THE TRIGGER YOU CREATE TO CAPTURE THE EXITS GOES HERE")
map.prompt.exits = ""
raiseEvent("onNewRoom")
The second will be a trigger to capture each individual exit from the lines that follow, using the following "perl regex" type pattern:
^> (\w+)\s+\-
It will have the following code:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
map.prompt.exits = map.prompt.exits .. " " .. matches[2]
And finally, you need to modify the code of your prompt trigger to the following:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
disableTrigger("THE EXACT NAME OF THE TRIGGER YOU CREATE TO CAPTURE THE EXITS GOES HERE")
map.prompt.exits = string.trim(map.prompt.exits)
raiseEvent("onPrompt")
Once those are all setup, and they have captured their first set of data (via looking or moving at least once), you should be able to "start mapping" and begin building a map for your game.

Allaboard
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Allaboard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:35 pm

https://gyazo.com/c5edb81d581bb34e4211bb6acafa4d68

I wanted to show you my triggers so I can get correctional advice on them and also advice on where to put them.

I'm not sure where I should put some of these triggers.\

EDIT:

Here's another log of me using the ship to three different planets (so far) with some in-game commentary thrown in:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
Log session starting at 11:43:48 on Wednesday, 13 June 2018.
recall
Saiyan Training Facility: Entrance
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a small training facility near the edge of Lost Star City.  
The whole room is covered in metal plates and the ground is made out of a shiny
black metal.  Huge vents on the ceiling allow cool air to enter the facility.
In the middle of the room is a huge metal fountain with some water flowing out
of it.  To the west is a small gravitron and to the south is a sparring dojo.
To the north is one of the main roads in Lost Star City.
> Other: [Peaceful] [No Swallow] [Regen]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Ancient Road
> east  - Saiyan Training Facility: Gravitron
> south - Saiyan Training Facility: Sparring Dojo
> west  - Saiyan Training Facility: Arena Tryouts
> down  - Saiyan Training Facility: Commerce Room
( 2) A Rugged White Wristband is on the ground here.
A Metal Fountain with crystal clear water is flowing out of it is in the middle of the room.
A massive statue of Memnoc, king of the Demons has been constructed here, engulfed in hellfire and
spewing forth concentrated beer.
The Public Message Board is mounted in the ground here.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:123,741][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say this is the recall command
You say, 'this is the recall command'

[Pl:171,606][Ki:123,741][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say now I'm gonna use a custom alias to quickwalk to a specific location, in this case the space 
station.
You say, 'now I'm gonna use a custom alias to quickwalk to a specific location, in this case the
space station.'

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say 'spasta'
north; west; west; west; west; west; west; west; west; west; west; north; north; north; north; 
north; north; north; north; north; north; north; north; west; west; west; north; north; north; 
north; north; west; west; west; west; west; west; west; west; north;
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
> Other: [Peaceful]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Desert Avenue
> east  - Regal Dynasty Avenue
> south - Saiyan Training Facility: Entrance
> west  - Ancient Road
The RP Board is posted in the middle of the room.
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.
A Male Saiyan Merchant is standing in the middle of the dusty road.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - River Path
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - River Path
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Vegeta Space Station: Entrance
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Rust Road
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Rust Road
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Rage Alley
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Rage Alley
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Ancient Moon Dojo: Entrance
> west  - Lost Star City: Entrance
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.
A Low Class Saiyan is walking around the city.
A Saiyan Girl is playing in the dirt here.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Lost Star City: Entrance
Gravity: 10 X
   This is the city square of Lost Star City.  The main roads all connect
here.  To the north and south are the residential areas of the city.  To the
west is a stone path leading to the Desert of Vegeta.  To the east is Ancient
Road.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Northern Street
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Southern Street
> west  - Stone Path
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.
A Saiyan Girl is playing in the dirt here.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Lost Star City: Entrance
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Stone Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Stone Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Grass Path
> east  - Stone Path
> south - Grass Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Grass Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This grass path leads to a large field to the north.  The desert winds
make this path very sandy and dry.  For some reason green grass and plants grow
on this path.  To the north a thick blanket of smoke can be seen hovering over
the field.
> Other: [Peaceful]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Grass Path
> south - Stone Path
The tracker, Bishop, is looking for something on the ground here.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Grass Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This grass path leads to a large field to the north.  The desert winds
make this path very sandy and dry.  For some reason green grass and plants grow
on this path.  To the north a thick blanket of smoke can be seen hovering over
the field.   
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Grass Path
> south - Grass Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Grass Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This grass path leads to a large field to the north.  The desert winds
make this path very sandy and dry.  For some reason green grass and plants grow
on this path.  To the north a thick blanket of smoke can be seen hovering over
the field.   
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Grass Path
> south - Grass Path
> west  - The Heritage Shop

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Grass Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This grass path leads to a large field to the north.  The desert winds
make this path very sandy and dry.  For some reason green grass and plants grow
on this path.  To the north a thick blanket of smoke can be seen hovering over
the field.   
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Grass Path
> south - Grass Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Grass Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This grass path leads to a large field to the north.  The desert winds
make this path very sandy and dry.  For some reason green grass and plants grow
on this path.  To the north a thick blanket of smoke can be seen hovering over
the field.   
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Grass Path
> south - Grass Path
> west  - Vegeta Freelance Guild

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Grass Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This grass path leads to a large field to the north.  The desert winds
make this path very sandy and dry.  For some reason green grass and plants grow
on this path.  To the north a thick blanket of smoke can be seen hovering over
the field.   
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Grass Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Grass Path

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
> west  - Burnt Grass Field
A Charred Willow Tree sways gently in the wind, struggling to survive here.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
* it is flying around here!

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][0% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Wild Saiba swiftly claws you lightly.
[*****]=-=[44]
You lunge forward and crush Wild Saiba extremely hard.
[--Dead--]=-=[13000]
You Gain [336000] Experience Points.
Blood splatters as Wild Saiba's soul fades away.
You get a pile of zenni from Wild Saiba's corpse.
There were 500 zenni.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Gold Saiyan Blacksmith: Forge
> south - Burnt Grass Field
> west  - Burnt Grass Field
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> west  - Burnt Grass Field
A Charred Willow Tree sways gently in the wind, struggling to survive here.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> west  - Burnt Grass Field
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> west  - Silver Saiyan Blacksmith: Forge
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
* it is flying around here!
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Burnt Grass Field
> south - Burnt Grass Field
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Burnt Grass Field
Gravity: 10 X
   This once great field is now a barren wasteland of smoke and ash.  
Not one green plant grows here.  Only corpses of animals and cracked pieces
of armor lay here.  It looks as if a war took place in this field.  With
the desert winds blowing in the ash, it makes a wall of dark air in the
field.  Far to the north is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> south - Burnt Grass Field
> west  - Destroyed Road
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Black Mane Lion stalks here with rage in its eyes.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Destroyed Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a short road that leads to a space station.  The ground is
cracked and filled with broken weapons and pieces of armor.  Burnt grass lines
the side of the road and dust fills the air.  Seems a war was held near this
road.  To the west is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Burnt Grass Field
> west  - Destroyed Road
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Giant Desert Gecko is crawling through the ash.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Destroyed Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a short road that leads to a space station.  The ground is
cracked and filled with broken weapons and pieces of armor.  Burnt grass lines
the side of the road and dust fills the air.  Seems a war was held near this
road.  To the west is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Destroyed Road
> west  - Destroyed Road

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Destroyed Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a short road that leads to a space station.  The ground is
cracked and filled with broken weapons and pieces of armor.  Burnt grass lines
the side of the road and dust fills the air.  Seems a war was held near this
road.  To the west is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Ashy Path
> east  - Destroyed Road
> west  - Destroyed Road
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
* it is flying around here!

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Destroyed Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a short road that leads to a space station.  The ground is
cracked and filled with broken weapons and pieces of armor.  Burnt grass lines
the side of the road and dust fills the air.  Seems a war was held near this
road.  To the west is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Destroyed Road
> west  - Destroyed Road
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Destroyed Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a short road that leads to a space station.  The ground is
cracked and filled with broken weapons and pieces of armor.  Burnt grass lines
the side of the road and dust fills the air.  Seems a war was held near this
road.  To the west is a large building.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Destroyed Road
> west  - Broken Star Space Station: Entrance
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
A Black Vulture is pecking at a rotting corpse.
* it is flying around here!
A Wild Saiba is thrashing around here.
* it is flying around here!

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Broken Star Space Station: Entrance
Gravity: 10 X
   These are the front doors of the Broken Star Space Station.  The huge
space station is in top of condition.  All types of ships are seen flying in
and out of the space station.  Inside the noises of engines and fans can be
heard.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Destroyed Road
> west  - Broken Star Space Station: Lobby

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Broken Star Space Station: Lobby
Gravity: 10 X
   This lobby is well kept and almost spotless.  A few couches form a
square in the middle of the lobby.  Near the back of the lobby is a desk used
to sign in.  Not many truffles walk about here.  Most of them are repairing
damaged ships or cleaning the halls.  To the west is a long hallway leading to
the many ship docks.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Broken Star Space Station: Entrance
> west  - Broken Star Space Station: Hallway
A Female Truffle stands here greeting people as they enter the space station.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Broken Star Space Station: Hallway
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long hallway with multiple ship docks and repair stations.
The walls are metal plated and lined with pipes that lead to each room.  Huge
vents on the ceiling blow in ice cold air throughout the hallway.  The sounds
of welding, drilling and ship engines echo through the station.  The hallway is
filled with a strong smell of oil and smoke from all the repairs and
maintenance going on.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Broken Star Space Station: Ship Dock
> east  - Broken Star Space Station: Lobby
> west  - Broken Star Space Station: Hallway

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Broken Star Space Station: Ship Dock
Gravity: 10 X
   This ship dock is filled with all types of space ships and pods.  
Many of the ships are proto types or ships being checked for errors.  The floor
is covered with ship parts and tools.  Truffles can be seen running about to
fix a ship or picking up some broken parts.  
> Other: [Transport]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> south - Broken Star Space Station: Hallway
A Prototype Space Ship is here being tested.

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say now I'm at the spaceship area
You say, 'now I'm at the spaceship area'

[Pl:171,562][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say i'm gonna use it now
You say, 'i'm gonna use it now'

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
transport earth
You don't have enough zenni!

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
withdraw 500
You withdraw 500 zenni.
The bank subtracts 5 zenni in withdraw tax.
You recieve 495 zenni.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
transport earth
You don't have enough zenni!

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
withdraw 1000
You withdraw 1000 zenni.
The bank subtracts 10 zenni in withdraw tax.
You recieve 990 zenni.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
transport earth
You step in the ship...
The ship's engine starts up and you begin to fly through space...

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

The 'No Smoking' light flickers a little bit.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

The 'No Smoking' light flickers a little bit.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

A huge planet goes whizzing by the window as the shuttle flies past it.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

The 'No Smoking' light flickers a little bit.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

The space shuttle jolts to a stop as the landing procedures begin.
The ship reaches Earth and you step out.
Capsule Space Station: Transport Pad
Gravity: Normal
   The room is filled with scientists working on all their separate
projects, most seem to be setting coordinates for ships.  The new technology is
still in the works, but for a fee, testers can experiment with the newer ships.
There are also passengers from other planets coming and going.  A sign
on the wall states prices for travel.  
> Other: [Peaceful] [Transport]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Capsule Space Station: Hallway
> up    - Capsule Corporation: Bottom of the Stairs
> down  - Capsule Corporation: Main Building
The Quest Board hangs from the wall here, right where no one can miss it.
A Basic Transport Ship is sitting in the middle of the pad.
A decent male Icer Commoner with no hair, satanic blue eyes and flawless white skin is standing here
.
* A blue aura surrounds him!

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Zkmronn moves down.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

A large transport shuttle slowly lands on the docking bay.

Heracross calmly steps out of the ship.


[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Heracross flies down.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Yamcha flies in.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

The transport pad rumbles as a space ship takes off into space.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Zkmronn has arrived.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

A space ship slowly lands on the transport pad.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Yamcha bows deeply.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Yamcha flies down.
Zkmronn moves down.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say 'this is Earth (I'm doing the mapping script log)'
You say, ''this is Earth (I'm doing the mapping script log)''

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say newbiezone
You say, 'newbiezone'

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
help newbiezone
There is no help on that word, try help newbie.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
help zone

----------------------------------------------
Help Keywords: ZoneNewbie
----------------------------------------------
Help Entry: Newbie Zone Directions:

Half-Breed, Human, Android, Changeling, Bio-Android: Ruined Plains: u,7w
Saiyan, Truffle, Saiba: Saiyan Training Grounds: 6n
Icer, Mutant: Icer Slave Yards: s,3w,14n
Kaio, Kanassan: Tower of Self-Sacrifice: d,8e,3n,e,n,e,3n,5e,2n
Konatsu: Stealth Forest: w,s,8w
Majin: Cotton Candy Land: 4n
Demon: Ocean of Fire: d,2e,5s,w,s,2w,2s,2w,2s
Arlian: Moai's Coliseum: 2s,3w,3n,e,d,2e
Namek: Namek Hatchery: s,e,2n,5e,n

All directions start from your race's recall.

Also Read: help recall
----------------------------------------------

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say "now i'm going to Namek"
You say, '"now i'm going to Namek"'

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
transport Namek
You don't have enough zenni!

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
withdraw 2000
You withdraw 2000 zenni.
The bank subtracts 20 zenni in withdraw tax.
You recieve 1980 zenni.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
transport Namek
You step in the ship...
The ship's engine starts up and you begin to fly through space...

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

The space shuttle jolts to a stop as the landing procedures begin.
The ship reaches Namek and you step out.
Namek Space Station: Launch Pad
Gravity: Normal
   This launch pad is very small compared to any other launch pads.  
Only two rusted old ships are landed on the pad.  Grease stains cover the
ground from the old ships.  A few chunks of metal and ship parts are scattered
across the launch pad.  This launch pad really needs to be repaired.  
> Other: [Peaceful] [Transport]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> south - Namek Space Station: Hallway
The Quest Board hangs from the wall here, right where no one can miss it.
A Namek Space Ship is in the middle of the pad.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Dark clouds cover the sky and cast a shadow upon the land.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say now i'm going to my home planet via ship
You say, 'now i'm going to my home planet via ship'

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
transport vegeta
You don't have enough zenni!

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
withdraw 2000
You withdraw 2000 zenni.
The bank subtracts 20 zenni in withdraw tax.
You recieve 1980 zenni.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
transport vegeta
You step in the ship...
The ship's engine starts up and you begin to fly through space...

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

A huge planet goes whizzing by the window as the shuttle flies past it.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Some classical music plays softly over the speakers on the shuttle.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

The space shuttle jolts to a stop as the landing procedures begin.
The ship reaches Vegeta and you step out.
Vegeta Space Station: Transport Pad
Gravity: Normal
   This is a very large transport pad used to travel to the other planets
in the universe.  There are white dotted lines surrounding the pad and flashing
lights.  A huge ship sits in the middle of the pad waiting for take off.  
A small sign is on the wall with information about space travel.  
> Other: [Peaceful] [Transport]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Vegeta Space Station: Hallway
The Quest Board hangs from the wall here, right where no one can miss it.
A Transport Ship is sitting in the middle of the launch pad. (Humming)

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Female Saiyan Shopper has arrived.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

A large transport shuttle slowly lands on the docking bay.

Yamcha calmly steps out of the ship.

Female Saiyan Shopper moves north.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Yamcha looks at you.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

A large transport shuttle slowly lands on the docking bay.

Zkmronn calmly steps out of the ship.


[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Pythos flies in.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Pythos steps in a space ship.

The space ship disappears into space.


[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Yamcha flies north.
Zkmronn flies north.

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]


[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
say this has been my log, so here you go!
You exclaim, 'this has been my log, so here you go!'

[Pl:171,606][Ki:137,490][63% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Log session ending at 11:50:11 on Wednesday, 13 June 2018

Jor'Mox
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Jor'Mox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Okay, so the onVisionFail and onRandomMove triggers just need to raise the event for which they are named, and they should work fine.

Your onNewExit trigger needs to use as a beginning of line substring pattern: Visible Exits:
And your onPrompt trigger which is disabling that trigger needs to be changed to disable a new trigger that you need to create, the one that will be enabled by the onNewExit trigger, and which captures each additional exit (the third one I listed in the post above). This new trigger doesn't correspond to any event, or any of the triggers you currently have in place, as the way your game displays available exits is more complex than occurs in most games (in which exits are typically all on one line, or possibly spilling over into a second line if there are too many).

Also, your onPrompt trigger should use a beginning of line substring pattern, rather than a regular substring pattern. Granted, I'm sure the chances of "[Pl:" showing up anywhere is are pretty slim, but it is best to be safe.

The log of how spaceships work definitely seems like what I would term a portal for the purposes of this script, though admittedly one with some delay. So, you should be able to use the built in commands to create portals to handle them.

Allaboard
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Allaboard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:55 pm

https://gyazo.com/a891cec3d03fe53bcd801d255cab9df3

This is my updated trigger list. After we finish on triggers, what should I do next?

Jor'Mox
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Jor'Mox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 pm

So, this should be good for now, though obviously at some point you will want to figure out what message you see when you follow someone (note that the code for that trigger will be slightly different, in that you will need to capture the relevant direction, and include it in the raiseEvent call, like this: raiseEvent("onForcedMove",matches[2]) ).

At this point, you will want to review the help at the top of the script, particularly the section talking about the aliases that are used to control the script. At the most basic level, you will want to determine what name you want to give to the area you will start mapping in, and then use the command: start mapping AREA NAME

Then, start walking around in a mindful way, mapping things out as you go. Other than 'start mapping' and 'stop mapping', you will most typically be using the 'set area', 'shift', 'merge rooms', 'add portal', and 'add door' commands.

Allaboard
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Allaboard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Here's the log for me following a mob.
Also, is capturing the relevant direction just in the code, or do I have to get a beginning of substring from the MUD?


EDIT: How does adding alias exactly work? Do I have to add code to every alias like I did the triggers?
Or will the pattern and command be enough?

EDIT 2: Have a look at my Aliases set up so far on this gif:
https://gyazo.com/c6bc4d027aae438ee2d916461b735bce
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
Log session starting at 14:58:59 on Wednesday, 13 June 2018.
snet Can someone do a small favor for me? I just need them to either show up at Vegeta's recall or 
at a place so I can try 'follow <name>' and get the description of what happens when I follow 
someone so I can add it to 'forcedmove'
(SNET 1) Beren: Can someone do a small favor for me? I just need them to either show up at Vegeta's
recall or at a place so I can try 'follow <name>' and get the description of what happens when I 
follow someone so I can add it to 'forcedmove'

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]


[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

(SNET 1) Heracross: You could follow any mob, right?

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

(SNET 1) Kuato: You follow <name>.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
snet oh so a mob could work?
(SNET 1) Beren: oh so a mob could work?

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki north of here.
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
> Other: [Peaceful]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Desert Avenue
> east  - Regal Dynasty Avenue
> south - Saiyan Training Facility: Entrance
> west  - Ancient Road
The RP Board is posted in the middle of the room.
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.
A Male Saiyan Merchant is standing in the middle of the dusty road.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Male Saiyan Merchant mutters, 'Hey....come over here....'

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - River Path
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - River Path
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Vegeta Space Station: Entrance
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Rust Road
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Rust Road
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.
A Saiyan Girl is playing in the dirt here.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Rage Alley
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Rage Alley
> west  - Ancient Road
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Ancient Road
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long road that goes straight through the middle of Lost Star
City.  Mainly old houses and straw huts can be found on this dusty street.
 Even though there are only two lanes in the road, it is still extremely
busy with traffic.  Growing near the sidewalk are multiple types of
desert flowers and spiney cacti.  In some spots a small pile of sand can
be found that almost looks like a dune from the beach.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Ancient Moon Dojo: Entrance
> west  - Lost Star City: Entrance
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.
A Saiyan Girl is playing in the dirt here.
A Low Class Saiyan is walking around the city.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Lost Star City: Entrance
Gravity: 10 X
   This is the city square of Lost Star City.  The main roads all connect
here.  To the north and south are the residential areas of the city.  To the
west is a stone path leading to the Desert of Vegeta.  To the east is Ancient
Road.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Northern Street
> east  - Ancient Road
> south - Southern Street
> west  - Stone Path
A tall Steel Traffic Signal is bolted here, directing traffic.
A large Steel Dumpster is sitting here, collecting garbage.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Lost Star City: Entrance
> west  - Stone Path
A Low Class Saiyan is walking around the city.
* it is flying around here!

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Stone Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Stone Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]


[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Grass Path
> east  - Stone Path
> south - Grass Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> east  - Stone Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Royal Blacksmith: Entrance
> east  - Stone Path
> west  - Stone Path

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Stone Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is an old stone path that goes in between Lost Star City and the
desert.  As the years went by this road was less and less used.  As the city
grew there was no need to go in the desert anymore.  Now this road is overgrown
with bushes and dried out plants.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Desert House: Living Room
> east  - Stone Path
> west  - Sandy Path

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense rene
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Sandy Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long sandy path that goes through the middle of the Great
Desert of Vegeta.  The path was made to help the caravans that go through the
desert.  Growing along side the path are huge green cacti and a few desert
flowers.  Small white rocks can be found scattered about the path to help tell
the path apart from the rest of the desert.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Great Desert of Vegeta
> east  - Stone Path
> south - Great Desert of Vegeta
> west  - Sandy Path
A Red Lizard is crawling in the sand.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
You concentrate and sense their ki north of here.
Great Desert of Vegeta
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a massive desert that was named after the old King Vegeta.  
Bright yellow sand makes up the multiple dunes that cover this desert.  A few
cacti and desert flowers grow in random spots on the dunes.  Old animal bones
can be found scattered through out the desert and even a few humanoid bones can
be seen.  Strong winds blow through and cause small sandstorms that make it
hard to see.  The air is extremely dry and dusty from the lack of water sources
on this section of the planet.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Great Desert of Vegeta
> south - Sandy Path
> west  - Great Desert of Vegeta
A Vulture is here looking for a corpse.
* she is flying around here!

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

(SNET 1) Heracross: The line it sends you should be the same.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture flies west.
Red Lizard has arrived.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
sense ren
You concentrate and sense their ki west of here.
Great Desert of Vegeta
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a massive desert that was named after the old King Vegeta.  
Bright yellow sand makes up the multiple dunes that cover this desert.  A few
cacti and desert flowers grow in random spots on the dunes.  Old animal bones
can be found scattered through out the desert and even a few humanoid bones can
be seen.  Strong winds blow through and cause small sandstorms that make it
hard to see.  The air is extremely dry and dusty from the lack of water sources
on this section of the planet.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Great Desert of Vegeta
> east  - Great Desert of Vegeta
> south - Sandy Path
> west  - Great Desert of Vegeta
A Vulture is here looking for a corpse.
* she is flying around here!

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

(SNET 1) Kuato: wait i misunderstood what you were saying

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
follow vult
You now follow Vulture.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

(SNET 1) Heracross: Whether you follow a mob or a player.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

(SNET 1) Heracross: (might have misunderstood also)

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
snet it shouldn't matter if it's the same
(SNET 1) Beren: it shouldn't matter if it's the same

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture floats down and lands on the ground.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

(SNET 1) Kuato: <name> {moves|flies} {direction}

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture moves west.
You follow Vulture.

Great Desert of Vegeta
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a massive desert that was named after the old King Vegeta.  
Bright yellow sand makes up the multiple dunes that cover this desert.  A few
cacti and desert flowers grow in random spots on the dunes.  Old animal bones
can be found scattered through out the desert and even a few humanoid bones can
be seen.  Strong winds blow through and cause small sandstorms that make it
hard to see.  The air is extremely dry and dusty from the lack of water sources
on this section of the planet.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Great Desert of Vegeta
> east  - Great Desert of Vegeta
> south - Sandy Path
> west  - Great Desert of Vegeta
A Vulture is here looking for a corpse.
A Vulture is here looking for a corpse.
* she is flying around here!
A Saiyan Renegade is here practicing his skills.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture flies north.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
follow self
You stop following Vulture.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture flies in.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
follow ren
You now follow Saiyan Renegade.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture flies west.
Vulture moves south.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Saiyan Renegade moves south.
You follow Saiyan Renegade.

Sandy Path
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a long sandy path that goes through the middle of the Great
Desert of Vegeta.  The path was made to help the caravans that go through the
desert.  Growing along side the path are huge green cacti and a few desert
flowers.  Small white rocks can be found scattered about the path to help tell
the path apart from the rest of the desert.  
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Great Desert of Vegeta
> east  - Sandy Path
> south - Great Desert of Vegeta
> west  - Sandy Path
A Saiyan Renegade is here practicing his skills.
A Red Lizard is crawling in the sand.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Red Lizard moves south.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
follow self
You stop following Saiyan Renegade.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Saiyan Renegade flies in.
Vulture flies in.
The sun slowly rises above the red horizon.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture flies south.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Saiyan Renegade moves south.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture flies in.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Vulture flies south.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Saiyan Renegade flies south.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
recall
Saiyan Training Facility: Entrance
Gravity: 10 X
   This is a small training facility near the edge of Lost Star City.  
The whole room is covered in metal plates and the ground is made out of a shiny
black metal.  Huge vents on the ceiling allow cool air to enter the facility.
In the middle of the room is a huge metal fountain with some water flowing out
of it.  To the west is a small gravitron and to the south is a sparring dojo.
To the north is one of the main roads in Lost Star City.
> Other: [Peaceful] [No Swallow] [Regen]
 * (N) *   (U)
(W) + (E)   -
 * (S) *   (D)
Visible Exits:
> north - Ancient Road
> east  - Saiyan Training Facility: Gravitron
> south - Saiyan Training Facility: Sparring Dojo
> west  - Saiyan Training Facility: Arena Tryouts
> down  - Saiyan Training Facility: Commerce Room
( 2) A Rugged White Wristband is on the ground here.
A Metal Fountain with crystal clear water is flowing out of it is in the middle of the room.
A massive statue of Memnoc, king of the Demons has been constructed here, engulfed in hellfire and
spewing forth concentrated beer.
The Public Message Board is mounted in the ground here.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:129,594][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

A drink would be nice.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]


[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Using instantly appears out of no where.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Using flies north.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Pythos instantly appears out of no where.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]

Pythos flies north.

[Pl:178,447][Ki:143,993][2% EXP][Fatigue: 0%][FM]
Log session ending at 15:06:50 on Wednesday, 13 June 2018.

Jor'Mox
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:19 am

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Jor'Mox » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Okay, so first thing you need to know is that all the aliases mentioned in the documentation already exist. You do not need to make them, you just need to use them as indicated. So all the ones you created can be deleted. I realize that you don't see the aliases, but that is because they are created as tempAliases so that people can't accidentally mess them up/delete them. Conveniently, they remain fixed, while the triggers have to be adapted to each game.

As for your onForcedMove trigger, you will need a pair of patterns, like you have for the room name trigger. Seeing the forms of movement so far, I think these will work (both perl regex patterns):
^.* (moves|flies) (\w+)\.
^You follow .*\.

And you want the code to be this: raiseEvent("onForcedMove", multimatches[1][3])

If there are other words that come up that are used to move around, other than 'moves' and 'flies', just add them into the pattern, separated from the other words with a '|' (that acts as an OR, letting the pattern match any of the listed words). As with the room name trigger, you need the multiline / AND trigger checkbox checked, and the line delta value set to 1 (which means the second pattern must match within one line of when the first pattern is matched, keeping it from going crazy when you just see things move around but aren't following them).

Allaboard
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:59 pm

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Post by Allaboard » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:18 pm

How do I delete incorrect map data? I want to be able to start over if I make mistakes.


EDIT: I set the recall place, but now when I recall, map freezes and doesn't change when I move.

EDIT 2:

https://gyazo.com/415e61652c0e1d67e80b1d5ad2729b59

EDIT 3: Set recall does nothing now, it set the room the very first time I did it just fine, but now the subsequent times (in the same location) give this error:

https://gyazo.com/2844fc7a92242459ab654e89daa7910e

EDIT 4: It got fixed when I set a new area.

EDIT 5: Sometimes they make duplicates when i recall and try to go to the same area with different directions and succeed at getting there.
How do I merge them, since trying 'merge rooms' does nothing to the map.\

EDIT 6: You really should allow highlighting two adjacent duplicates, right click and scroll and click 'merge'.

EDIT 7: Oh, what if you happened to die? What event do I raise?

EDIT 8: Tried to change exits of a node and deleted the duplicate nodes, but watch this gif of this odd change (no errors can be found in the debug):

https://gyazo.com/e76518a28f2b1316fb8ee16eb9097fb3

Seems very strange, since it seems to be not tracking the exit ID I put in the exit configuration menu and instead put me in the wrong ID room because the rooms happens to have the same name, but not location...
Last edited by Allaboard on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests