Avalon 25th Anniversary & Gem Quests

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Avalon 25th Anniversary & Gem Quests

Post by Belgarath »

Hi everyone,

I thought I would share this news with you since it's an important event for the game i play. Come join us, if you dare. I am also seeking new apprentices in my Guild. Only the best need apply.

Announcement
On this day TWENTY FIVE years ago, Avalon as it is known today first went online: known as Avalon, with the 'sword' login and the first few hundred locations of the land. All newborns began at the MEETING PLACE location since there was just one city and thus it is fitting the Avlaon forums should be called “meetplace.net”.

What is Avalon?
Avalon is a living, breathing, ever-evolving world. You will choose your own path to suit you; perhaps as a great warrior, maybe an artful mage or cunning sorcerer, a politician or skilled trader, a peaceful farmer or ruthless assassin. The choices are endless and the opportunities to display your worth and skills are unrivaled. Remember though, all characters born into Avalon start out equal, what will be is as yet unwritten. Before you lies the challenge, the possibility to enhance your character with hundreds of skill abilities which will give you the potential to be successful in the path of your choosing.

Gem Quests and Ordination
Most events in Avalon are not pre-planned but a result of the ebb and flow of its peoples, cities and guilds. Conflicts, large or small, often spring up quickly and are not controlled in advance by the Gods. There are a number of key events, however, like the Divine Court, or the Gem Quests, or Ordination and these are listed below with exact dates included when known.

The Gem Quests are often the focus of Avalon's most thrilling, competitive and concentrated action. One can learn more in a few hours than months of chance encounters. Fourteen Gem Quests precede the Amethyst Ordination and all are welcome to participate unless otherwise state:

DIVINE GEM QUESTS:

The Amethyst Quest
Date: Sands Eliminators Sunday Oct 19th to Saturday Oct 25th then the ORDINATION marking Avalon's 25th anniversary at 9PM SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER 2014.

The Emerald Quest
Date: Saturday Oct 18th NOON to Sunday Oct 19th NOON (24hr Quest).

http://www.avalon-rpg.com