ubuntu for gold

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
Vadi

Re: ubuntu for gold

Post by Vadi »

It doesn't look like Asus is in a hurry to get their things certified. Other companies have a more respectable presence.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Vadi wrote:It doesn't look like Asus is in a hurry to get their things certified. Other companies have a more respectable presence.
Also an interesting link. I knew Dell had done a lot, but had no idea Lenovo were at all involved.

I suspect Asus was only interested at all because, particularly in the beginning, Linux has had a real advantage on atom powered netbooks. I suppose as the processors get more powerful but the manufacturer's intended usage doesn't change, that advantage has shrunk.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, that's likely. I don't think Linux made a dent on the netbook market as it should have had when it had a chance to. Then again, it was purely a technological chance - and a lot of people aren't up to date on Linux due to a lack of a comprehensive PR campaign, so it had to fight bias in the decision rooms to get accepted and etc. Wasn't entirely properly supported either as it should have been.