Windows 8

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
tsuujin

Re: Windows 8

Post by tsuujin »

A port of Android's "Thumb Keyboard" would be wonderful. If you've never used it, it spreads the keyboard out to match either side of the screen edge and is extremely easy to use. The auto-complete is surprisingly good. In fact, it's the -only- on screen keyboard I've ever been satisfied with.

The nvidia tegra 3 would really give a device plenty of power as far as I'm concerned.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Is that 'Swype'? I've heard the Swype keyboard touted as a major reason to chose Android over iOS but I haven't seen it in action.

Tegra 3 does look pretty impressive.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

No, I think it's different. There are many keyboards for Android, each testing their own design... Swype came pre-installed on mine - it is better than the default keyboard.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

No, swype is a cool keyboard that keeps you from having to lift your thumb from the keyboard at all. It works ok but I had problems with the prediction.

Thumb keyboard is a keyboard designed for tablets, but also works on regular phones as well. It just seems way more intuitive, and splits the keyboard instead of stretching it.

Caled

Post by Caled »

In light of the imminent release of Windows 8 (Octoberish, I think?), along with the 'Surface' I thought I'd bump this thread.

My plan is to, early next year, replace my overpriced piece of aluminium with a decent Windows 8 pro (not arm/RT) tablet. I need something with power to run Lightroom (and of course, I can't risk not being able to use Mudlet >.>) Whether that is with the Surface or something from someone else is beside the point.

My wife however, will probably get the arm version of the surface this year and I'm really itching to build my mud-on-a-touchscreen GUI, hehe. I've already built several components of it, albeit without ever being able to test it out.

How difficult/possible do you think it will be (or possible) to compile mudlet for windows on ARM architecture? Has anything changed in the last 7 months, suddenly making it a breeze (or impossible)? Will it be possible for someone like me (willing and able to learn, but ultimately without much of a clue) to do or is it the sort of project that needs someone with training to figure out?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Mudlet will work on Windows 8. If it will work on ARM devices remains to be seen.