IRE credits

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
Phoenix

IRE credits

Post by Phoenix »

Considering the facebook credits, credits are no longer a thing for just the rich. With the right manipulation (read spamming Facebook with fake accounts, and inviting anyone on the ADD ME pages - just search for those pages), you too can be rich in Achaea!

And with the right manipulation, you can even make bound credits into non-bound credits. 50cr, make something non-decay... and then sell it for over 50cr, since you put a 50cr customisation into it! Trick is finding the right things to do that to... Rare scabbards, rare pendants, rare whatevers, that people actually would make non-decay themselves. You see?

Credits. The cheap way.

Note: I don't do the second thing in my post, though I considered it. Nothing against it, I just don't feel like it. The first thing though... well over 1000 credits transferred.

tsuujin

Re: A package for coding with

Post by tsuujin »

Phoenix wrote:Considering the facebook credits, credits are no longer a thing for just the rich. With the right manipulation (read spamming Facebook with fake accounts, and inviting anyone on the ADD ME pages - just search for those pages), you too can be rich in Achaea!
This would also be called "cheating" and will likely get you shrubbed.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Phoenix wrote:Considering the facebook credits, credits are no longer a thing for just the rich. With the right manipulation (read spamming Facebook with fake accounts, and inviting anyone on the ADD ME pages - just search for those pages), you too can be rich in Achaea!

And with the right manipulation, you can even make bound credits into non-bound credits. 50cr, make something non-decay... and then sell it for over 50cr, since you put a 50cr customisation into it! Trick is finding the right things to do that to... Rare scabbards, rare pendants, rare whatevers, that people actually would make non-decay themselves. You see?

Credits. The cheap way.

Note: I don't do the second thing in my post, though I considered it. Nothing against it, I just don't feel like it. The first thing though... well over 1000 credits transferred.

So, abusing the system for personal gain?

I hated when the 'Facebook spam for credits' was introduced for exactly this reason. Easily obtained -free- credits (in excess of 500 or so a week) I've seen some people get via this method, devalue the items that are bought with such.

I'm also a bit bitter because, I refuse to sign up for a facebook account, whatever the reason; and these benefits are only available to those who do.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah let's keep this on topic guys. I'll split this off into a separate thread.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

tsuujin wrote:
This would also be called "cheating" and will likely get you shrubbed.
I don't believe that this is against Achaea's rules, though I believe it is certainly against Facebook's. Unfortunately, I dislike Facebook, and am definitely willing to put up with Facebook disallowing me from their services after I'm done using them.

tsuujin

Re: IRE credits

Post by tsuujin »

When IRE first started doing the facebook thing they made it clear that abusing the system to gain more credits than you're entitled to would not be tolerated. They designed it as an incentive, not as a game market mechanic.

Phoenix

Re: IRE credits

Post by Phoenix »

Ah... I see. This would, of course, be similar to how the "Alt credits"* aren't designed to create many newbie-lol-alts with enough skills to phase and rob, but rather to draw characters from other the other IRE games, to get people playing multiple games instead of focusing on just one of them. To spread the playerbase. Yes?

*This was a promo a few months back which had a lot of people upset about the amount of lolalts created to take advantage of the promo. This was not the intent. This was not officially tolerated. It still happened, and there's nothing they could do to police it.