SQLite Sorcerer

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
Vadi

SQLite Sorcerer

Post by Vadi »

Good free and cross-platform sqlite viewer & administration tool: http://afoucal.free.fr/index.php/applic ... rer/#Getit (requires Adobe AIR, which is free too.)

tsuujin

Re: SQLite Sorcerer

Post by tsuujin »

Hey, not bad at all. Might replace sqliteman as my normal DB editor.

Side note: how hard would it be to get the mysql libraries added to the standard mudlet packages? I crave true relational database access!

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

tsuujin wrote:Side note: how hard would it be to get the mysql libraries added to the standard mudlet packages? I crave true relational database access!
Should be possible already if you use luasql directly.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Heiko wrote:
tsuujin wrote:Side note: how hard would it be to get the mysql libraries added to the standard mudlet packages? I crave true relational database access!
Should be possible already if you use luasql directly.
Well, what I really mean is that I'd like a server to be shipped as well, so that my users don't have to download the full mySQL library to use what I code. I know mySQL is embeddable so it shouldn't be too large?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Oh, you mean the mysql client. Sure, that's doable.

imanerd

Post by imanerd »

What is SQLite by the way? I never knew what that meant, when it shows up as something loaded upon profile connection.

chris

Post by chris »

SQLite is a simpler relational database. It's basically a relational database for a local user as opposed to some high throughout server. It allows you to connect to, modify, and query a SQL database.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

When I was searching for a GUI database editor for SQLite, I came across many different programs including the one mentioned by Vadi. However, seeing as Adobe deceided that Linux platform is no longer 'worth developing Air for', I use the following : http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, I switched to Sqliteman myself.