Qt 4.7 is out!

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
tsuujin

Re: Qt 4.7 is out!

Post by tsuujin »

Vadi wrote:
tsuujin wrote:
Vadi wrote:Yeah heiko's said he's looking to providing a more down to earth 2D api... I'm not sure about 3D though - if the context necessary for it can be just put into the main display like a label can be.
Really it'd be fine to just provide a rectangular display surface that can be imposed on top of the text window (in exactly the same way that the current 3d mapper works)
Oh man, I just realized that yes the mapper embedding works this way, was going to post, then read this, and it's exactly what you meant. Sorry, I thought you meant the dragged-out version of the mapper.

Yeah, this would definitely work. Now the question of real bindings...
I think I'm going to invest some real time into this. I've got a ton of experience in real-time special effects on a 2d plane using 3d systems. Even though I'm a terrible artist, this is something I could have a lot of fun with.

Shota

Re: Qt 4.7 is out!

Post by Shota »

@Tsuujin: Bad-ass. I don't even know why we want this, but I do! :D

I've contributed to a few 3D engines as they were being developed. (OK, I wrote an engine with a guy and we sold it to a french game studio.) I wouldn't say I'm an expert and I'm definitely not an artist, but I agree --> This would be a fun project.