New to Mudlet, needing help!

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
Naito

New to Mudlet, needing help!

Post by Naito »

Okay, here it is. I use to play Aetolia on zmud all the time, it was fantastic. I figured it was the best Client out there for playing IRE games and didn't know any wiser.

A friend of mine mentioned Mudlet to me and how fast it was working for them, being the skeptic I am, I didn't believe them. So I downloaded Mudlet and started playing(Without a system built >.<) and I was amazed at how fast it was receiving the out put from Aetolia and transferring my commands back.

Now I've run into a problem, I don't know how to code in Mudlet. I've got a basic system made with a Table for curing... And thats about it.

I want to be able to have all my 'tells' and 'citytells' to pop up in a window so I don't miss it during Raids and the like. I would also like to capture something from my prompt(In this case whether I'm 'prone' or not.) That is in <csdbp|eb> that and transfer it to the system smoothly enough so that it knows that if the 'P' shows up then I'm prone and to attempt to stand if I am able to.

I'd also like an extra window for my map so that I can keep tabs on it without having to type 'MAP' every few seconds while walking around.

Lastly, but not leastly, I'd like to make my Mudlet screen look fancier... Buttons, skins the whole nine yards.

So all in all... How would I go about doing any of this?

Parnakra

Re: New to Mudlet, needing help!

Post by Parnakra »

I'd suggest reading/skimming over the manual (which also comes with your installation) to get a basic feel for the syntax and capabilities of lua and Mudlet.

After (or during) that, you can check out some of the packages that have already been released and implement most of what you want. See if you like it, try to understand the code and change it to your liking.

http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=171 to capture channels and http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=981 (or part thereof) to capture and display your map and parse your prompt (you'll have to make adjustments for the Aetolia prompt, I imagine).