Embedded/HTML documentation system [scrapped]

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
tsuujin

Re: Embedded/HTML documentation system

Post by tsuujin »

Of course, I'm thinking of this from the perspective of someone who has always ran his own web servers. There is the limitation of having to set up a server with PHP for display to do it on the fly.... but these days that's as simple as double clicking on an installer file.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

It'll just generate static *html pages. These can be served locally or on a server. It makes sense to me - these don't change daily, can be delivered with other means of updates (or well, since we'll have LuaSocket soon, via downloading in Mudlet as well).

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Ah well. Got a much easier solution - Heiko said he'd make functions to open up a WebKit window, so... any documentation system will work!

(plus, it could be used for nefarious things such as having logs that are saved on the disk be displayed in a window...)

imanerd

Re: Embedded/HTML documentation system [scrapped]

Post by imanerd »

Wait this idea would make mudlet client accessible in-browser? Count me into the vote for yes! Since they give me free time at school, but they have my game blocked along with mudconnect,and telnet connections to ports and since I can't download anything, it would be great to access mudlet while in a browser. Especially since I don't really like mudconenct client or telnet, but it's all I have when I'm at my autistic school for the other part of the day, and they don't have it blocked, and they allow free time as well. Also thankfully at the school that blocks everything basically, it doesn't have mudlet.org blocked, or any of its child sites.

Vadi

Re: Embedded/HTML documentation system [scrapped]

Post by Vadi »

No, that's not that idea at all...