Qt on Android

A category for whatever! Can be Mudlet-related or offtopic.
Vadi

Re: Qt on Android

Post by Vadi »

Yeah probably. Chances of it working on my 1.5 HTC Magic are small *.-

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

On second thoughts, this isn't an awesome idea. I've tried out a 7" android tablet and typing on it, while being easier than on a touchscreen phone, isn't awfully stellar for mudding at all.

Caled

Post by Caled »

I'm not sure what it would be like on a 7" screen. Were you using swype for the typing?
I know I can type quick enough on an ipad, and that swype on android is loads better than the ios keyboard.

It is mostly for the mobile touch screen combat that I'm interested, but it would definitely need a very well thought out gui for the experience to not be tedious.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

bluetooth keyboard would be required.

KaVir

Post by KaVir »

Vadi wrote:On second thoughts, this isn't an awesome idea. I've tried out a 7" android tablet and typing on it, while being easier than on a touchscreen phone, isn't awfully stellar for mudding at all.
If Mudlet ran on Android I'd put together a fully graphical interface for it. I've already seen a DikuMUD do this for an iPhone client, and it looked pretty good.

Caled

Post by Caled »

chris

Post by chris »

I gave the Necessitas a look, it's appeared to be a massive amount of effort to get the code base into an acceptable form (and an easier option to just put Ubuntu on a tablet)

Caled

Post by Caled »

Right. In fact, Ubuntu goes on the Nexus 7 very easily, I believe. It is still ARM architecture though, so there is a limited software selection.

Or did you mean a x86 tablet?

chris

Post by chris »

I meant any 86, I put mudlet on my nook color for instance. Dreadfully slow but cool for the principle

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

KaVir wrote:If Mudlet ran on Android I'd put together a fully graphical interface for it. I've already seen a DikuMUD do this for an iPhone client, and it looked pretty good.
A problem with a graphical interface raises its ugly head when you come to creating a trigger. The GUI user is totally unaware of the telnet feed and it can be a very painful experience trying to explain to someone who neither knows or cares what it is, how to make a trigger that works. This can cause great frustration and ultimately cause many to just give up, and if you can't trigger then you are beat before you start.
The same will apply to scripting, but how valuable that is depends entirely on the style of play your mud demands.
All this assumes you are trying to attract a new audience to your mud of course.