Search found 1094 matches

by Jor'Mox
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:11 pm
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

With a pattern like that, I would recommend a reset variable like you have for the exits, since it is possible you will see additional lines that start with a capital letter by accident. Also, I would broaden the range of possible characters to include apostrophes, hyphens, and punctuation marks, an...
by Jor'Mox
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:27 pm
Forum: Help Forum
Topic: Sync with online DB
Replies: 13
Views: 1253

Re: Sync with online DB

I recommend putting in some display type statements to help debug your function. Print out the first line of the file, so you can see if it has the text you are looking for. Then print something showing that you made it inside the if statement. Then print out the new URL you are trying to match to s...
by Jor'Mox
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:16 pm
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

So, I'll admit I haven't wandered around until I found a fire, but I connected to Two Towers, and got the mapper working in brief mode using these two triggers: Room Name and Exits pattern: ^([A-Z].*)\(([\w\s,]+)\) if not found_exits then found_exits = true map.prompt.room = matches[2] map.prompt.ex...
by Jor'Mox
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:12 pm
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Did you also add this to your prompt trigger?: found_exits = false

Without that, you would only ever find your exits a single time. The reset is key.
by Jor'Mox
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:35 am
Forum: Help Forum
Topic: click callback on gauges
Replies: 3
Views: 471

Re: click callback on gauges

I’m not certain about gauges within Geyser, as it doesn’t use the gauges that Mudlet provides, but the standard Mudlet gauges actually use three labels, one for the back part of the gauge that you see, one for the front, and one for the text. This is because it used to be that the text was written o...
by Jor'Mox
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:43 pm
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

So, assuming your room name line is always first, I think the easier solution is to set a boolean variable whenever you see the room name, reset it when you see your prompt, and any time your trigger fires while the variable is set, just pretend like nothing happened, like so: if not found_exits the...
by Jor'Mox
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:06 pm
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

So, for starters, you don't need to remove "and" or commas from directions. Both of those are so common that I built them into the script, and it will take care of them for you. Given that the brief room name and the verbose "room name" don't match, and that you typically are walking around in brief...
by Jor'Mox
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:44 am
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Yup, you definitely want to handle closed doors and such, for the same reason you want to handle the "can't move that direction" case. The script logs directions, and only removes one when a room is seen, so if you enter a direction but don't see a new room, problems are caused. Interesting that fol...
by Jor'Mox
Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:18 pm
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Okay, so first the code you have for the room name trigger is dealing with the exits, not the room name, so clearly something isn't right there. I would have it with code like the following: if matches[1] == line then map.prompt.room = matches[1] end And since you have two prompt triggers that are c...
by Jor'Mox
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:21 pm
Forum: Mudlet Mapper
Topic: Generic Mapping Script
Replies: 371
Views: 60633

Re: Generic Mapping Script

Quick comment here, it looks like the package version of this was messed up for some reason, but that has now been fixed. Also, a few less common bugs have also been squashed, as well as the script being adapted to using UTF-8 in place of the string library, so it should now better support non-Latin...