Colors from a MOO

Proxy

Colors from a MOO

Post by Proxy »

Hi,

I play a MOO with Mudlet but I noticed that certain colors such as bold white do not come across normally. They are not bold at all, actually. Does this have anything to do with the fact that Mudlet is getting data from a MOO? I noticed that MUDS don't have this issue.

Vadi

Re: Colors from a MOO

Post by Vadi »

Maybe - all design and testing is done on MUDs, it's in the name too. Can you capture a replay? We'll see how much effort it is to make MOO colours work right.

Proxy

Post by Proxy »

Sure. I uploaded the file instead of using a link

Not sure if something longer was needed but it has a lot of the bold color issue in it.
Attachments
25-10-2016#02-57-56.7z
Replay
(1.45 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

Proxy

Post by Proxy »

Sorry for asking again guys, but is it possible to change the color of bold white text? If it is, that would effectively solve my problem by giving bold white text a custom value.

If it isn't possible, that would be useful info also.

Thanks.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah, go to Settings and there's a Colors section where you can edit this.

Proxy

Post by Proxy »

Hi again,
The colors section does not offer a solution. How would I create a trigger that targetted all bold text so I could color all bold colors coming from the MOO appropriately?

Thanks

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

It might help to identify the ANSI colour codes that are being sent - if they are from the "16-colour" set then the controls on the Main (not the Mapper) colour screen should allow you to change them. It may be however that other means {e.g. a SGR 38;5;{#}m where 15 < {#} < 256 is being received or perhaps even SCR 38;2;{red};{green};{blue};{unused};{tolerance};{colour space type, i.e. 0 or 1}m is being used.

One thing you can do is to enable a "recording" whilst connected to the MOO and capture the stuff that you want to see changed and then you can - whilst disconnected - replay the recording as you experiment - the recording can then be: 1) be replayed at a faster rate and 2) provide the same fixed "test" sample each time for comparison and 3) (provided it does not contain anything private or sensitive) the replay file can be posted here for others to examine... :)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

:oops: Um, yeah, so they do. :oops:

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Is "[c-15944 @ Ashlin Street] From below, you hear a noticeable sound of water churning." the text you'd like to trigger in?

You can create a trigger that targets it by using a colour pattern:

You can then click highlight to pick your colours you'd like to use.