about chinese display

shizuru

Re: about chinese display

Post by shizuru »

Hi. I have similar problems. I'm using Mudlet 1.1.0 under Mac OS. All chinese characters don't display correctly. Is there anything I can do with the settings? Thank you for keeping the software updating and all your help.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I haven't included the patch that supportsr Chinese characters yet. I will do so if some Chinese people show up that are willing to do extensive testing and willing to help with patching the Lua api to work with unicode. It's not difficult, but it's definitely a fair amount of work.

superxx

Post by superxx »

I would like to help although I'm not good at LUA. But I should be able to help some verification. Let me know how it can go. Thanks.

grawizapa

Post by grawizapa »

Heiko wrote:I haven't included the patch that supportsr Chinese characters yet. I will do so if some Chinese people show up that are willing to do extensive testing and willing to help with patching the Lua api to work with unicode. It's not difficult, but it's definitely a fair amount of work.
Hello I have a same issue but with russian (KOI8-R) characters on unicode system. A now I'm trying to investigate code for a some possible hack. Maybe You just upload your patch for unicode support and I will propose my possible assistance? :roll:

passers

Post by passers »

Heiko wrote:I haven't included the patch that supportsr Chinese characters yet. I will do so if some Chinese people show up that are willing to do extensive testing and willing to help with patching the Lua api to work with unicode. It's not difficult, but it's definitely a fair amount of work.
Hello Heiko, I am also trying to play the same Chinese mud (www.pkuxkx.net:8080) with mudlet. It seems the patch is not in mudlet 2.1

I am willing to help testing this patch.
I can read and write Chinese. I have programming experience but I am new to Lua.
How can I help?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hi, we're looking at making this work in Mudlet 4.0 - see http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php? ... 99&p=39806.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I am sorry to report Vadim but my FireFox browser is warning of:

Reported Unwanted Software Page!

This web page at www.pkuxkx.net has been reported to contain unwanted software and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Unwanted software pages try to install software that can be deceptive and affect your system in unexpected ways.

Hopefully that is a false positive but I would advise caution without further information.

Anyhow, further improvements are in the pipeline after the recent merge of Pull Request1668 in which we (GitHub user @novload and myself) have made an attempt to sort out the spacing needed for parts of the World where some characters are drawn in a space twice as wide as others - and the cases where some character are draw as wide OR narrow (we have made it dependent on the MUD Server encoding for the moment - using the GBK or GB18030 encodings will cause those ambiguous width characters to be drawn wide otherwise they will be drawn narrow by default but this can be forced either way manually if needed per profile).

However the highlighting and selection by the user with a mouse or by the actions of triggers is still not right at present but it will be worked on again shortly...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yep, I get that warning as well, they host cracked copies of zmud and cmud on that website.