playSoundFile won't work

holypickle

playSoundFile won't work

Post by holypickle »

I can't get playSoundFile to work. The trigger itself works, because it'll send() stuff.

I've gotten it to work before, I just forgot what I had to do. I have the correct type of file (.wav) and i'm calling on the correct directory. So, wtf.

Here's exactly what I'm typing:

playSoundFile([[c:/monster.wav]])

pretty much verbatim to what the guide says to type. So confuuuussed, please help.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: playSoundFile won't work

Post by SlySven »

playSoundFile() needs an absolute path to the file - is the monster.wav file in the root directory of your c: drive? I note that you are using *nix file separators - I think that is the correct way to specify a directory separator inside a Qt application such as Mudlet on a Windows platform but you might just check with doubled '\\' back slashes...

Also we have been having problems in the 3.0.0. preview releases, in that: early version of the Qt5.x libraries did not seem to play audio when complied with a mingw compiler for the Windows platform - and we must use that in order to produce binaries that can be distributed under a GPL licence. Mudlet 2.1 does not have this issue because Qt4.x used the non-Qt Phonon library and that has been ported to a Lose environment whereas Qt5.x uses Qt's own audio system. I am aware that there are some other topics on this forum that expands upon this and that at least one member has managed to get audio working with, I think, Qt5.3 which is no longer the bleeding edge but is certainly a better bet than the 5.0.2 release of the libraries which is the first that we now officially support for the 3.0.0 previews...