Easy monochrome display?

Nyyrazzilyss

Easy monochrome display?

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

Is there an easy way to switch mudlet to force monochrome regardless of other colour settings?

I've had a few requests now from people that are sticking with other clients while at work / using mudlet at home because 'my package has to many colours showing': They're looking for something with just black or grey text on a white background.

I could rewrite things i'm my package to have it do a check everytime I display a colour, however, is there just something I could use in settings to force that?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Easy monochrome display?

Post by SlySven »

I'm not sure if setting the various colours on the two tabs of the profile preferences to 50, well, 2x16-ish shades of grey will entirely sort this - and I cannot recall whether any/all of them ARE settable from a script anyhow...

Obviously those colours are saved as part of the "<host ...>" element in the profile (I'm poking around in the XML read/write stuff ATM!) but I do not think that trying to hack the save file(s) is going to be a wise choice.

Nyyrazzilyss

Re: Easy monochrome display?

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

I just did a quick look as to whether I could see anything to set colours from the script itself - Found fg/bg/border, but nothing obvious for individual colours. If doable get/set controls on that might work better then just pure monochrome. I could set them all individually to the 'best' combination for a non-descript window/ and restore as needed. Do those colours also effect colours used in the mapper/or loaded png files?

What i've done so far was add options in the script to turn off the various icon bars/graphics/etc I create. The mud itself has a command to send everything without ansi, I really just need to rewrite cecho + any css stuff to strip out colour as/when needed. I can do all of that, was just hoping their was an easier pre-existing way to handle that.