Mudlet on Red Hat Enterprise 7

Atlantius

Mudlet on Red Hat Enterprise 7

Post by Atlantius »

Hello, i want to run Mudlet on RHEL 7 but i have problems. The general linux version gives me error
./mudlet: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have installed the pcre but its version 8.32 and i have only libpcre.so.1

I tried compiling it from source but ran into different problem
ould NOT find YAJL (missing: YAJL_LIBRARIES)
yajl and yajl-devel are available and installed but the libyajl is not available in rhel/centos.

Any idea how i can run ANY version of mudlet on RHEL? :)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Mudlet on Red Hat Enterprise 7

Post by SlySven »

Ah, I think you have been caught by different distributions/packagers using different major version numbers. A quick and dirty fix might be to fake things with a symlink i.e. pointing to /lib/libpcre.so.1 (real, or at least a real symlink to the actual file) from /lib/libpcre.so.3 (the "symlink" that points to it that the compiler will incorporate when linking the Mudlet executable).

Check what files ARE provided in your distribution's yajl and yajl-devel packages (it's been years since I had an rpm based distro installed so not sure I can quickly help you there - but there is very likely an rpm option to list a package's file content) - from the output of "dpkg-query -L libyajl2" I'm seeing a "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libyajl.so.2" symlinked to a libyajl.so.2.0.4 in the same directory being used for my Debian setup {the headers (and a pckconfig.pc file are in the development package)} - but this is not too much help to you I suspect.