Mudlet Mapper, help marking visited rooms

Setekhaim

Mudlet Mapper, help marking visited rooms

Post by Setekhaim »

For personal purposes, I'd like to mark rooms I've already visited by changing the colour of the blocks, but I can't figure out how to make it happen. Any ideas?

Vadi

Re: Mudlet Mapper, help marking visited rooms

Post by Vadi »

To change the colour of the block would mean to change its environment. If that's okay with you, see functions at http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mapper_Functions that mention the environment - in particular, http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Manual:Mapper_ ... setRoomEnv changes it.

Setekhaim

Post by Setekhaim »

Actually, I found the solution in highlighting the rooms, which worked, at least temporarily.

For a return isPrompt() trigger, I just put in
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
highlightRoom(mmp.currentroom, 0, 255, 255, 255, 255, 255, 0.80, 200, 200);

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Do yourself a favour and keep track of the rooms that you have highlighted (say in a table) - it is much faster to unhighlight them if you have a list rather than having to go through each room and turn it off in all of them (there is not a way to recall that a room is highlighted after using setting it IIRC.

I have a doSpeedWalk() (it has to be called that!) function in my test profile that gets called when a speed walk is initiated from the mapper - this calls another script to grab the contents of the speedWalkPath,speedWalkDir and recently coded speedWalkWeight table and (after deleting an old path) shows the path selected and displays the weight for each step - but as those tables get updated when a new path is found it is much better to keep track of this...
speedwalkhighlightSnapshot.png
For the record I was using this to investigate the behaviour of the route finding code - and there are some oddities there! The A* code we use stops when it finds a route but, particularly if the map coordinates used in the map do not accurately represent the positions to each other and to the goal this throws off the h(n), heuristic function so that this is not necessarily the optimum route, just the first it finds...! :o