IRE-Imperian, mapper problems

veratyr

IRE-Imperian, mapper problems

Post by veratyr »

So having a problem with the mapper for imperian. Have the room numbers, vnums and everything in the mapper, but no graphics. No actual map itself. It worked, then it quit working. Tried everything I could find on the subject to no avail. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Deleted the appdata/local/mudlet folder. Click download map, it downloads, same problem. Same with script. Fresh profile...nothing works.

Help plz.

veratyr

Re: IRE-Imperian, mapper problems

Post by veratyr »

Ok, I THINK I solved the problem(I love solving my own problems.) I didnt delete the .config folder...did that and reinstalled, solved the problem. Not sure its necessary to reinstall or delete anything else, just got to get rid of the profile with the bad map file or whatever is causing the problem.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: IRE-Imperian, mapper problems

Post by SlySven »

I'm noting others with issues with IRE Maps - which have the rooms but do not draw the maps areas. Until I can get some code fixes in (hopefully in the repository by the end of this week). I'd suggest a script that moves every room out-of and then back into the area it is supposed to be in (using, say at least a release-3.0.0-gamma preview version) - this should clear up some internal data breakages from old code that meant that areas lost track of which rooms are supposed to be in them - so that when they are drawn the rooms that are missing (up to, possibly, all of them) do not get drawn.

One quick thing to do first though is to do a centerview(roomId) on a room that you know exists and is in the area that you were expecting to see drawn - if you are running a profile and download in a new map from those IRE games whilst running I'm not sure what happens - from the XML map file format I do know that there is no concept of a "current" room so I am not entirely clear what happens when a new map has completed a download and the active profile switches over to it... I will have to check!