Receiving data event

azuriolinist

Receiving data event

Post by azuriolinist »

I was wondering if Mudlet triggered an event when data comes in from the MUD, and if so what the name of that event is? I'm trying to script up some notification system but I can't find the sort of event I'm looking for on the wiki.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Re: Receiving data event

Post by Belgarath »

Which data? Text? GMCP?

azuriolinist

Post by azuriolinist »

Belgarath wrote:Which data? Text? GMCP?
Text data.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

There aren't any events triggered on receiving text (that I'm aware of) unless it is raised yourself via the raiseEvent function.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

@Belgorath Humm, *scratches head in thought as he tries to think back* ah, yes, here it was - I'd suggested to the OP that a trigger that responded to ANY incoming text (perhaps with a regexp of the form ^(.+)$ {I think}) which fires on anything that isn't a blank line and then use the script with that to do the lua raiseEvent() command... is that what you mean?

azuriolinist

Post by azuriolinist »

SlySven wrote:@Belgorath Humm, *scratches head in thought as he tries to think back* ah, yes, here it was - I'd suggested to the OP that a trigger that responded to ANY incoming text (perhaps with a regexp of the form ^(.+)$ {I think}) which fires on anything that isn't a blank line and then use the script with that to do the lua raiseEvent() command... is that what you mean?
This makes it raise an event for every new line, though, but thanks!

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Well, yes, that what it is supposed to do - a low-level (simple, quick) "interrupt" - your event handler will then decide what to do with that information - if anything! :geek: