Windows Task-Bar Notifications

thesavvygk

Windows Task-Bar Notifications

Post by thesavvygk »

Is there a function to "gag" when Mudlet blinks on the Windows taskbar?

thesavvygk

Re: Windows Task-Bar Notifications

Post by thesavvygk »

I'm not sure if this will help...

Code: Select all

void cTelnet::postData()
{
    //QString cd = incomingDataDecoder->toUnicode( mMudData.data(), mMudData.size() );
    mpHost->mpConsole->printOnDisplay( mMudData );
    if( mAlertOnNewData )
    {
        QApplication::alert( mudlet::self(), 0 );
	[color=#008000]mpHost->raiseEvent( &me );[/color]
    }
}
Then we'd just need a way to stop it from flashing for a specific line of data...

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Um, I think you need a bit more code to create and initialise a TEvent instance (which you have called me) which will be needed if your script system is to get an "event" when something (pretty much anything) comes from the MUD server. Is that what you wanted or did you want to have a finer control over what caused the Mudlet Application to "perk-up" when "something happens" from the other end?

Assuming you have a trigger that fires on anything that comes in I think you could detect this and create a event yourself though at present I don't think you can activate the QApplicatiom::alert() yourself when you had encountered the wanted input...

thesavvygk

Post by thesavvygk »

I went hacking around the source files. My coding skills are... meh.

I'm not sure what would be the most efficient way to code it in, but, as there's no function to detect if the window is flashing, there's no way to STOP it from flashing.

I suppose if the event were made, then a lua function could be added to trigger off that event to set a global lua variable "isFlashing?" to true.

I'm not sure how an interrupt-alert would work, but I suppose a "noAlert()" function could be coded so that a specific triggered line or w/e doesn't sent a flashing notification.