help with multi-line messages in tabbed chat (YATCO)

twixt

help with multi-line messages in tabbed chat (YATCO)

Post by twixt »

I started playing a MUD which has an annoying 'feature' - mud-side line breaks at approx 79 chars per line. I know, right, what is this, the dark ages? So the usual tabbed chat is unfortunately only functional for the first line of messages. This is highly annoying. The game channels look like this:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
You say, "So, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah break here
          blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah aaaand break yet again here
          blahs blah blah blah."
With variable spaces as indents depending on the channel. I'm not sure how to script something that just grabs the entire block. Advice, help, anything?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: help with multi-line messages in tabbed chat (YATCO)

Post by SlySven »

Just an idea, could you have a trigger that starts on the "You say, " line and keeps capturing lines until they do not have a fixed number of spaces at the beginning - sorry can't be more specific but I am sure that something can be done with this... I think the magic word(s) are multi-line trigger but scripting that area of Mudlet is not my speciality. :(

amertune

Re: help with multi-line messages in tabbed chat (YATCO)

Post by amertune »

You'll want to take a look at http://www.mudlet.org/asciidoc/manual.h ... ggerChains

I've got a similar problem I need to figure out, except my chat messages have ansi colors instead of indents.