Unable to rollback after crash

Z902

Unable to rollback after crash

Post by Z902 »

I somehow managed to crash Mudlet again (another stock overflow, I guess). Each time, I have been unable to load previous profile saves. I can open the xml files and view everything in there. However, the profile refuses to recognize everything except for a few triggers that were imported with a package, yet lists the loaded save file in the package manager window. I've tried creating a new profile and loading in the profile saves, and that fails as well. Mudlet has crashed on me before (for other reasons) and I've never had this happen until two weeks ago. What's going on?

Edit: After fussing with it for a while, I thought the problem might be certain characters that were being used in the scripts, but removing those still resulted in an incomplete loading. For example, if I've exported a script package and attempt to re-import it (after removing the original), it will only load up to the 12th (39th in the xml file) line in the actual script. I can't find anything that might be causing it to hang up, especially considering that it worked fine before export/import.

Edit: Turns out it was the control characters in the script/triggers. Fixed now.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Unable to rollback after crash

Post by SlySven »

Ah, yes, you should not use ASCII characters less than 32 in any editor content as it is saved in an XML 1.0 format and that prohibits any ASCII character less than 32 except for <tab>, <lf> and <cr>, and that prohibition also forbids <del> a.k.a. ASCII character 127... {I found this gives some pointers.}