Can I use mudlet on mac to connect a GBK encoding server?

xiongmao86

Can I use mudlet on mac to connect a GBK encoding server?

Post by xiongmao86 »

Hi everyone.

I am an chinese who is using mudlet on mac to connected to server in GBK encoding, system use unicode, so when I connected to the server, I see a bunch of nonsense characters.

I see a topic similar to my problem, but I think mine is a different question.

I toke a look at the manual, seems nothing about encoding can be found. Can I using mudlet in this situation? Are there any specific setting can handle the situation?

I don't know how to save a picture online, so I can't use img or URL. So I attached it.
Attachments
my window
my window

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Can I use mudlet on mac to connect a GBK encoding server

Post by SlySven »

I think you will not currently get a good experience out of the current versions of Mudlet (2.1, or the latest preview3.0-delta) because our handling of non-ASCII is just not up to standard at the moment (indeed there are some gaps in the code-base through which Unicode (Utf-8) data stream will just fall into the void.) The Lua subsystem that is exposed to the user for their scripts can theoretically cope with Utf-8 (possibly with the addition of another library, take a look here to see the possibilities) but most of the points where data flows into and out of that into the main application do not yet handle anything other that ASCII at present - though when I touch anything in that area I do try to upgrade them.

For what it is worth I have proposed that this is something to be addressed for Mudlet 4.0 but that is a little way off I am afraid. Vadim and I, at least, are amongst the developers that are aware of this as an ongoing issue.

xiongmao86

Post by xiongmao86 »

So mudlet in windows supports GBK encoding?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Sorry but I think NO :(

We do want to support Unicode in the future but it still needs a fair bit of work to be done. :geek: