Trigger chain termination

ezmodius

Trigger chain termination

Post by ezmodius »

Hello all

On the mud I play (MUME) you have the ability to pick plants and make potions from them. I wish to make a that can tell what plants I have and tells me what potions would be possible to make. The idea would be that plants I have in my inventory would be counted to determine what I have. In previous mud clients, the only option was to have some command that took over reading of all output until the inventory command was finished. I was hoping that trigger chains could be used for this.

The output for looking in the inventory backpack looks like this:

backpack (used) :
three flasks of orkish draught
a large sack
two purple scrolls
two small metal flasks

followed by an empty line, then the prompt.

So I figure I could make a filter on ^backpack (used):$ that clears the current plants and then have child triggers underneath it for all the possible plants, but my question is how I terminate this? As I understand it, trigger chains expect to be given a number of lines which to work on. I can't say ahead of time how many lines it will be. I think the backpack is limited to 20-50 lines or so, but there is no reason to have the chain still active past the end of the backpack content (in fact, this could cause problems if, for example, I walk around afterward and there are plants on the ground).

So does anyone know how this could be handled? Would a multitrigger be better for something like this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Vadi

Re: Trigger chain termination

Post by Vadi »

You can close a trigger chain early with setTriggerStayOpen("<my trigger>", 0).