Problems updating certain GMCP info

tehngion

Problems updating certain GMCP info

Post by tehngion »

Recently finished a marginally-working mapper script for Aardwolf, and it's mostly going okay. However, there are a couple rooms in the main city hub area that didn't appear mappable via GMCP.

When you enter a room normally in Aardwolf it sends the room information for the new room and fires the gmcp.room and gmcp.room.info events. However, when entering these specific rooms, it fires these events, but does not actually change the gmcp.room.info table to the updated information, so they only contain the information from the previous room. As a result, the mapper doesn't even recognize the room exists!

I checked in another client and it works perfectly fine, the GMCP info is updated correctly, and I noticed the only thing different about the rooms compared to all the other rooms in that city was that their names were colored. I'm thinking potentially the color information in the name of the room might be throwing Mudlet for a loop.

Here's the GMCP info of the problem room in question:

room.info { "num": 32460, "name": "[1;33mWelcome to Grandmarket Boulevard![0;37m", "zone": "aylor", "terrain": "hellfountain", "details": "", "exits": { "n": 32459, "e": 32587, "s": 32469, "w": 32461 }, "coord": { "id": 0, "x": 30, "y": 20, "cont": 0 } }

Any ideas?

tehngion

Re: Problems updating certain GMCP info

Post by tehngion »

Forgot to mention: this is in 3.0.0-delta.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Problems updating certain GMCP info

Post by SlySven »

That's where I made a brief - but not definitive - response...