World Details Unsaved?

bloodmoonlilin

World Details Unsaved?

Post by bloodmoonlilin »

So, this has been an ongoing issue that I've attempted various ways (including uninstalling/reinstalling Mudlet, updating the client to 2.1, checking forums for ideas, etc) to fix.

I create the connection details - in this case for a game called Lithmeria
Enter the port, character name, etc
Enter the game.
When I go to play again, the button is gone. But once I re-enter all of the information - I can load my previous saves, triggers, aliases.

Does anyone happen to have this problem as well? I also found out that I cannot delete unused connection details for games I do not play.

Vadi

Re: World Details Unsaved?

Post by Vadi »

Which language is your OS (computer) in?

bloodmoonlilin

Post by bloodmoonlilin »

Window 7 - premium home, 64 bit.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes what language are you using for your Windows - English?

bloodmoonlilin

Post by bloodmoonlilin »

Ah. Yes. English. Sorry about that.

bloodmoonlilin

Post by bloodmoonlilin »

So, thought I'd check back in since it's been a couple months... Any word on resolving this issue or finding a cause for it?

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

I wonder where the settings are being saved on your platform. Is there an ".config" directory in your home directory by any chance and is there mudlet and Mudlet subdirectories in there, in the mudlet one there should be a profiles subdirectory and in there there should be directories for each profile that you have entered. There is known but not documented (i think) issue in that the code that loads in the details for each profile also tries to load details for the predefined ones also, even though there may not be any details if they haven't been used, but that just throws debugging messages that Windows users won't see...

What can be a problem is for Non US-en language users on Windows where the home directory can contain non-ASCII characters which is currently an issue for some bits of Mudlet (lua getMudletHomeDir() command for instance)!