Help playing sound file using the 3.0.0 gamma version

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Help playing sound file using the 3.0.0 gamma version

Post by SlySven »

Tell us about it! - I did have some success with a back-port of a recent version of the 3.0.0 preview version to use latest Qt4.x and use the Phonon libraries that our older version was using. However that repository would still need compiling into an executable for the Windows Platform - which is not something I've personally been doing...

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

malaphus wrote:Curious if there's any progress on this? A year seems like a long time =/
Agreed! Not having sound for over a year now -especially- if it's just about the libary being linked is kind of bad...

It's not just gamma btw, it's delta also.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

Its that the library DOES NOT EXIST... 8-(

AFAICK Windows-Mingw is not a primary target platform, and until it gets sorted we are stuck - however I did notice this and wondered whether there are changes that I am not aware of.

Nyyrazzilyss

Post by Nyyrazzilyss »

SlySven wrote:Its that the library DOES NOT EXIST... 8-(

AFAICK Windows-Mingw is not a primary target platform, and until it gets sorted we are stuck - however I did notice this and wondered whether there are changes that I am not aware of.
Top line of the 2nd update on that link -

Renamed to VLCQtCore, VLCQtQml and VLCQtWidgets

Not sure why it would only impact windows if it's using the same library across operating systems, however, If the library was renamed, the old one wouldn't exist...

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

We don't use that library - but it does seem to provide audio support via VLC (which is available for all our target platforms) to Qt 5 - so they HAVE got something that works with mingw (or possibly mingwbuilds which I think is a {both 32 & 64 bit} more active/recent fork).

Splork

Post by Splork »

Good question!

We have been getting a ton of questions regarding this issue and I'm not really sure what to say...some players are actually going back to 2!

Are there any updates regarding sound and if not, what are the options mudlet has?

Thanks for all the great work guys,