Fixed - [Mac OS X - Yosemite] Script Window not showing

matthavok

Fixed - [Mac OS X - Yosemite] Script Window not showing

Post by matthavok »

Hey,

Looking for some help with Mudlet and OSX Yosemite.

Since I have downloaded and installed Mudlet, I have installed a package successful and everything runs great, execpt when I try to open either the script, alias or trigger window.

The windows open but do not appear on my screen. I can swipe down to see all the current open windows and the script window displays there. When I click on it, it has an animation, moving it off screen again and I cannot see it.

I have tried resizing my desktop resolution, without success.

I have tried moving the script window to another OSX 'space' with no success. It still does the animation of moving off screen.

I have tried moving the current open windows out of the way, trying to find the window, but it is definitely off screen.

Any help would be welcome.

[Update - Fixed]

I had to plug in my other screen to fix this issue. Once I did, I could move the window back to the main screen.
Last edited by matthavok on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: [Mac OS X - Yosemite] Script Window not showing

Post by SlySven »

If it were Windows or Linux you ought to be able to bring up the windows menu by "Alt-Tab"ing to it (it will have the Mudlet logo with the Yellow Safety Helmet on the bottom right quarter) and then using "Alt-Space" to activate the Window Menu from which you should be able to hit "m" (for move) and use the keyboard (or the mouse) to drag it back onto the visible screen.

When you close a profile it should save the position of the editor and reuse it when the profile is used again and the editor called. The settings are stored in the "Mudlet 1.0.conf" file which will exist in the "Mudlet" subdirectory of where your system stores user configuration data on most ? systems {note: this is a different directory to Mudlet's home directory returned by the lua getMudletHomeDir() command - that one uses "mudlet" not "Mudlet" to store all other Mudlet's and you profiles' data.} The same position and size data are shared between all profiles so if more than one has been used it is the last one closed who's size and position data gets saved! In the worst case scenario you could rename the "Mudlet 1.0.conf" file and let Mudlet try the compiled in defaults.

This may work for Mac OS and it is worth trying, IMHO but YMMV...

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Have you got a dual-screen setup? The settings window is opening OK here on Yosemite for me.

matthavok

Post by matthavok »

Yeah I was thinking it could be that as I usually have dual screens. But since I installed mudlet I have not had my other screen plugged in... Wouldn't have thought that would matter.

I'll plug it in and see if it will cooperate.