Looking for help

honkysaurusrex

Looking for help

Post by honkysaurusrex »

Ok ive gotten some really good help here before so here we go.
I am currently trying to make a quest script on my mudlet 1.1.0,
i do not know how to make the script period.
i do not know what symbols to put in between the directions or what to put in to make things
fire to grab the quest iteam.
can anyone please help?

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Re: Looking for help

Post by Belgarath »

You've given us very little (practically nothing) to go off of. It sounds a lot like you just want the entire script written for you! Whilst I cannot do that, I can answer questions you have.

Could you explain how you want your quest script to work? Which triggers/aliases or symbols you're having trouble with?

Have you read the Mudlet Manual, because it will likely help/answer half the problems you're running into. :)

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

<aside>It might help you to get more from other's suggestions if you are able to upgrade to the current version 2.1 as (I think) 1.1 is a little long in the tooth and advice that others give you may be biased towards that version with Lua commands that were not present or less functional in the early version. One of the guiding principles as Developers is that we "do all that we can to avoid breaking backwards compatibility" as one or two of the others have strongly reminded me in the past :shock: when I have had a good idea to improve things so whatever you learn to script will work in the future, it is just that better/faster/more informative ways of doing things could be available if you up grade...</aside>

honkysaurusrex

Post by honkysaurusrex »

na I just like when you ask for help people gotta be assholes about it. I wont ask for help here anymore

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

You'll be missed.