My client lags whenever I'm in a user-made room. What's up?

RadicalAce

My client lags whenever I'm in a user-made room. What's up?

Post by RadicalAce »

I use the client to play Tapestries, and in the game the user can create their own rooms. I've noticed that whenever I'm in a room however, I have a tendency to lag up to minutes at a time. In busier or official areas, I rarely have any trouble, but as soon as I'm in my own area or even a quieter area, lagging happens.

I'm not sure how to even begin fixing this problem. It's getting really annoying when I've been making my partner wait a few minutes until I receive their post. What's going on?

Vadi

Re: My client lags whenever I'm in a user-made room. What's

Post by Vadi »

What is 'lag up'? Nothing coming from the game, or the application is freezing?

Does this happen on a blank profile?

RadicalAce

Post by RadicalAce »

As in, no posts will come up for a long time. I can type in a command like 'look' and it'll appear on the screen, but the response time from the game to me is where it slows up, then shows up all at once.

I haven't tested on a blank profile yet, I'll give it a shot. I'm a bit of a newbie with using Mudlet so I might be getting some things wrong. Blank profile means logging into the game with no character profile selected, right?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Create a new character profile to do that.

RadicalAce

Post by RadicalAce »

Creating a new profile with no scripts has the game respond a lot faster. I've done some experimenting, and it looks like if I receive many posts in a short amount of time, no lag occurs. If I wait and make larger posts with someone else with pauses in-between though, that's when I start to lag.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You might want to look into which triggers have you got on the other profile that are slowing things down.

In regards to the game issue, I'm not certain - this is not a common issue. Can you try it with another client to see if it is the server?