Visualizing sets of coordinates?

Drevarr

Visualizing sets of coordinates?

Post by Drevarr »

Can anyone offer suggestions for visualizing a set of coordinates to a GUI element? I would like to plot a set of coordinates with markers inside a GUI box and have it scale to encompass all points by default or limit the presentation based on a selected scale.

I've messed around with a grid build (VBox, HBox, coordinate point Label) type setup. Just wondering what other options to consider or perhaps examples to learn from.

Example Data and Label plot.

Angie

Re: Visualizing sets of coordinates?

Post by Angie »

Check out KaVir's GUI for God Wars 2, it has a coordinate based map that displays position of players and mobs.
Angie @ Midnight Sun 2
Alayla @ God Wars 2

Drevarr

Post by Drevarr »

Sadly I couldn't get KaVir's GW2 GUI to unpack in the latest beta.

I did try using the Mapper as an alternative. Don't like the RoomChar, but the MapLabels will probably do the trick.

Is there a way to unmark the "your position" marker? or change the attributes?

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

I created a 5x5 map awhile back. The MUD it was created for sent information via MSDP that included the x/y coordinates, the room numbers and terrain info. It's a 'grid build' as you described. 25 labels placed in hboxes and vboxes. Later on, a label was placed in the center that represented the character.
http://i.imgur.com/vlOaG23.png (top right is the map)
If this is something you're looking to achieve, I can go into more detail.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Drevarr wrote:...Is there a way to unmark the "your position" marker? or change the attributes?
Um, not currently - you'd have to dive into the C++ source code in the T2DMap.cpp file and hack it there (before recompiling it)...