Mapper crashing Mudlet

d3bug

Mapper crashing Mudlet

Post by d3bug »

I log in, I click settings, Mapper, Download map... crash.

Mapper is updated to 14.something... latest one as of right now.
Server is Achaea.

I have tried everything I can think of... deleting the map folder, and everything in it (nothing btw), etc.

Sytem: Windows 8.1 x64

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Mapper crashing Mudlet

Post by SlySven »

Does it also do this if you start with a new profile without any scripts or stuff you've written - I remember that Achaea is one of the MUDs that Mudlet is preconfigured to handle and that it sets some stuff up automagically for it - so I want to know whether it is Mudlet itself, the "extras" for Achaea or your own stuff that is initiating the crashes. Doing this by "copy"ing the built in Achaea profile will show if it is the last of these. If you can note the IP address and port number that is used for Achaea and creating a "new" profile and entering those two piece of information (put the IP number in the host: box on the connection profile dialog) then that will eliminate any special Achaea tweaks AND your scripts leaving just Mudlet itself so if THAT case crashes also then we have more information to go on...

Are any other Achaea users reporting a problem with that map?

d3bug

Post by d3bug »

This is a brand new fresh install... never knew about Mudlet before, so this is my first go with it. So nothing has been written.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

OK, then how are you connecting to Achaea - did you use the "Achaea" Mud "button" when you were on the "Select a profile to connect with" dialog which will connect to "achaea.com" on port 23?

Ah, I guess you did because the "download" map option only appears for IRE MUDs with a publicly available map in a known location. I've managed to obtain it and pm'ed it to you - so try and see if THAT works...

d3bug

Post by d3bug »

OK, I put the map file in a newly created maps directory, and brought up the settings, selected the map file and clicked save at the bottom right, and CRASH.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hiya - delete all maps and just redownload the latest from the game.

d3bug

Post by d3bug »

Vadi wrote:Hiya - delete all maps and just redownload the latest from the game.
Perhaps I was unclear.

1> This is a brand new install... there were no folders/maps to delete.
2> The only map I have is the one that the other user in this forum gave me.
3> Everything I have tried (including that) crashes it.

SlySven

Post by SlySven »

OK, I'm grasping at straws here, and I didn't spot this before, but it seems to be that you are using the latest 64-bit Windows OS so I'm afraid I don't personally have the means to look further into it (personal platforms: Debian Stable+some backports and Windows XP SP3 on 32-Bit i586 processors) so can anyone else shed any more light on this problem. From where did you obtain the executable if I may be so bold to ask?

d3bug

Post by d3bug »

SlySven wrote:OK, I'm grasping at straws here, and I didn't spot this before, but it seems to be that you are using the latest 64-bit Windows OS so I'm afraid I don't personally have the means to look further into it (personal platforms: Debian Stable+some backports and Windows XP SP3 on 32-Bit i586 processors) so can anyone else shed any more light on this problem. From where did you obtain the executable if I may be so bold to ask?
http://www.mudlet.org/

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

What is the map file you're using?